INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB ADVERT FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF A SENIOR TECHNICAL ADVISOR (M/F) FOR THE SUPPORT PROGRMME FOR THE MODERNISATION OF CIVIL STATUS OF THE DEUTSCHE GESELLSCHAFT FÜR INTERNATIONALE ZUSAMMENARBEIT (GIZ) GmbH IN BUEA.
GIZ’s involvement in the priority area of Governance and Decentralization continues to grow and is organized within the framework of a “Cluster”, which comprises three programmes: the Support Programme for the Modernization of Public Finance (PAMFIP II), the Support Programme for Municipal Development (PROMUD) and the Support Programme for the Modernization of civil status (PAMEC). The aim of the programme is to support the Ministry of Territorial Administration and Decentralization (MINATD) the national civil status authority, the national office of civil status (BUNEC), and selected municipalities to effectively implement an inclusive and reliable civil status and demographic statistic system. Support is provided in three action fields: (i) strengthing BUNEC’s capacity to implement a reliable civil registry and demographic statistics system at the central level; (ii) piloting reforms in the selected regions, (iii) promoting dialogue with civil society and raising public awareness of civil rights and obligations.
To support the coordination of this programme in the south west region of Cameroon, GIZ is looking for a Senior Technical Advisor in Buea for the above-mentioned fields of activity, and especially for aspects related to: a) working with the Heads of the Region, Divisions, Sub-Divisions and, b) implementation and monitoring of priority activities.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS
Under the coordination of the Programme Manager, his/her tasks will focus on:
- Assist with the strategic and operational planning for the programme
- Technical responsibility for the design of one of the programme components (B or D)
- Exchange regularly with partners in the south-west region
- Coordinate and implement activities in the south-west region
- Coordinate with other GIZ programmes in the region
- Participate in regional dialogue platforms in the field of civil status
- Implement programme monitoring and evaluation at the local level
- Prepare short-term assignments and supervise consultants in the region
- Ensure technical exchanges with PAMEC team members and the Consulting Firm
- Ensure programme monitoring and evaluation for the region
- Assist with reports to BMZ and partners
- Represent GIZ with target groups and/or others partner organize workshops (methodological, intellectual preparation and support to logistics)
- Facilitate technical skills transfers to target groups and/or partners
- Contribute to gender mainstreaming in project activities
- Develop terms of reference for the activities to be carried out.
Required qualifications, competences and experience:
- University degree in law, finance, political science, economics, or equivalent
- Knowledge of the administrative context of Cameroon
- At least five years of professional experience in the field of local governance or international organization
- Proven ability to strategically plan and implement projects jointly with partners
- Excellent capacity for dialogue with state, local and civil society partners
- Knowledge of gender mainstreaming and monitoring in a project cycle would be an asset
- Knowledge of GIZ processes is an asset
- Flexibility and high level of integrity
- Self-organized and self-motived
- Proficiency in professional English, good knowledge or French
- Knowledge of facilitation tools and conduction of workshop / meetings
- Proven experience in using computer software.
Expected starting date: 1st June 2018
Contract duration: one year renewable
Closing date: 09 April 2018 at 10.00 am
The position belongs to band 4 of GIZ’s compensation system.
The folders contain application files (Cover letter, CV, Diploma, work certificate, References) will be submitted with anonymous outer envelope mentioning “Job advert 030/0318_PAMEC Senior Technical advisor Buea”, to one of the following addresses:
- Regional office GIZ in Yaoundé – Bastos, behind the Russian Embassy
- GIZ PRADEC/PROMUD office in Buea – Federal quarters, around Tuborg junction
- By e-mail to email@example.com with above mentioned subject, the entire files beings less than 8 mb.
NB: Female application are highly encouraged