Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
TITLE: Senior Technical Advisor, Warehousing and Inventory Management
REPORT TO: Country Director
PROJECT: USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM)
Background: The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC/PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC/PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities.
The overall goal of GHSC-PSM in Cameroon is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in PEPFAR supported regions.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide TA to develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for warehousing and inventory control, health and safety, waste management and innovative outsourcing
- Develop tools for efficient warehouse operations including key performance indicators (KPIs), service level agreements, score cards, dashboard tools, self-performance reports, score sheets for audits, and others
- Ensure effective inventory management systems at designated partner warehouse at central level (CENAME)
- Ensure that PSM technical assistance builds country capacity to ensure access to quality commodities through: (i) Development of for warehousing and distribution that drive best practice and interventions to maximize the return on investment, enhance impact, and improve sustainability; (ii) Coordination, management, and delivery of technical assistance related country level systems strengthening in the warehousing & distribution of health commodities; (iii) In-country technical assistance to support government-led health supply chains that integrate, optimize, and can sustainably supply quality products to all citizens, and are aligned with
- As needed, provide technical assistance to country office staff and GRC and other country stakeholders, in the following PSM warehousing and distribution-related activities: (i) Use an evidenced based approach to support development of national health supply chain strategies and map a pathway to an agreed, desired and optimized design for the future; (ii) Evaluate alternative ownership and management models for warehousing and distribution by applying data driven decision making and cost considerations, including options for outsourcing, management contracts, and vendor managed inventory; (iii) Utilize optimization analytics to improve operations and networking of warehouses and distribution; (iv) Lead the development and implementation of appropriate warehousing & distribution studies in countries to determine strengths and weaknesses and identify technical assistance gaps in the areas of logistics and management information systems.
- Coordinate and support country efforts to ensure systematic oversight of supply plan monitoring and routine dissemination of supply plans to all stakeholders.
- Provides technical assistance to support the strengthening of Cameroonian supply chain forecasting and supply planning activities by developing MOH institution staff capacity to manage the technical aspects of the quantification of health commodities.
- Coordinate and support efforts to ensure timely RO entry by GHSC-PSM and follow up with GHSC-PSM Global Supply Chain team at HO, GRC and GF principal recipients against established lead times and validated supply plans.
- Support monitoring of adherence to lead times and adherence to protocol for emergency orders.
- Curate, create, disseminate, and publish warehousing and distribution technical knowledge.
- Liaise regularly with relevant stakeholders, including DPML, CENAME, regional PSM offices (Yaoundé and Douala), Ministry of Health officials, USAID, and other partners as required.
- Supervise the regional coordinator of Centre region
- Perform any other duty as requested
- Master’s degree in business administration, supply chain management, warehousing and distribution or a bachelor’s degree in supply chain management with relevant experience.
- At least five years of professional experience in logistics, warehousing and/or transport required, and in health commodity logistics strongly desired
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong personal interaction skills and the ability to act as liaison between suppliers and customers
- Ability to work as part of a team and to be self-managing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field
- Fluency in French and/or English
Duration of Assignment: This is an unspecified term position.
Location of Assignment: The location of assignment is in Yaoundé
Supervision: The Senior Technical Advisor, Warehousing and Inventory Management will report directly to the Country Director.
Application Instructions: Please send electronic submissions of your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2017. Please include "Senior Technical Advisor, Warehousing and Inventory Management" in the subject line.
No telephone inquiries please. Finalists will be contacted.