Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
The Director of Policy & Strategy at the Nkafu Policy Institute (Nkafu) provides leadership and administration in developing organizational capacity to identify advocacy and policy approaches to catalyze socio-economic growth in Cameroon and Sub-Saharan Africa. He/she also provides strategic leadership in expanding the effectiveness of the institute.
The Director of Policy & Strategy is a highly motivated individual who has the vision and passion to work with various key stakeholders at the local, national and international level in developing and implementing advocacy and policy approaches that promote robust and inclusive growth. He/she reports directly to the Country Director of the Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation. This is a full-time position within the Nkafu Policy Institute which is a Cameroonian think tank at the Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation in Yaoundé.
- At least five years of senior-level policy and program development experience
- At least a Master’s degree in public policy, public management, economics, public health, social sciences or any related field. A PhD is preferred.
- Significant expertise and experience in policy development and practice. Expertise in organizational development, strategic planning, and management
- Successful legislative advocacy experience
- Excellent written and oral communications, including media and public relations
- Evidence of academic scholarship through peer-reviewed publications and other publications
- Proven organizational development and fundraising skills
- Demonstrated successful experiences in working with diverse populations
- Be perfectly bilingual (English and French)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership, program development, and program management for various advocacy and policy activities and initiatives
- Assure that the organization has a long-range advocacy and policy plan to achieve its goals and objectives in a timely manner
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational, and financial plans in conjunction with the Country Director and the foundation’s Board of Directors
- Identify program components/strategies to achieve success
- Engage in advocacy and policy development
- Develop and disseminate issue briefs/white papers on various policy issues
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with organizational policies
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field
Management & Supervision:
- Manage advocacy and public policy strategic directions
- Be responsible for the recruitment and supervision of Nkafu Fellows, Non-Resident Fellows, Policy Analysts, consultants, and volunteers
- Directly supervise all Nkafu staff
- Conduct staff performance reviews quarterly and upon completion of major projects
- Maintain a climate that attracts, engages/motivates, and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff
Budget & Finance:
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practice
- Identify and pursue opportunities for maintaining and/or expanding the department’s funding base through grants, donations, and other funding sources
- Work with the Country Director and staff in preparing an annual budget; ensure that the program operates within budget guidelines
- Consistent with the foundation’s communication standards, disseminate policy briefs/reports and publicize Nkafu activities
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with various stakeholders, development partners, community groups, the media and other civil society organizations
- Work with the Country Director to represent the point of view of the organization to the foundation’s Board and staff, as well as external agencies, organizations, and the general public
- Manage Nkafu’s internal and external communications
Diversity is our greatest strength. We make it a priority to promote a culture where the best people want to work, where folks are rewarded based on merit, regardless of our individual differences. We celebrate our diversity in ideas and background. This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of work duties that will be required in this position. It is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should submit a complete application with resume, cover letter and salary requirements using this link.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 3rd January 2016 at midnight. Applications will ONLY be accepted using the online portal. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews arranged as needed. Please refrain from sending emails to check the status of your application until after the deadline. No phone calls please.