Deputy General Manager (Microfinance)
Employment Status: Full-time
- Work at Head Office, Yaounde
Reporting to the General Manager and Board of Directors,you will be responsible for production/operations strategies and business growth, to deliver effective and profitable operations of the business.
- Develop plans for business growth & profitability targets of the Company.
- Assist with the Digital Transformation of UNICS Plc.’s products/services/processes, increase online presence, and keep the business abreast with new technological advances in the sector.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of branches on monthly basis to maintain a healthy portfolio, including client satisfaction metrics.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and review of the company’s business and operational plans
- Develop the UNICS brand through better visibility and marketing, expansion of the business and its outreach, and development of new credit and non-funded products.
- Work with Management and Human Resources to develop training modules, recruitment, performance evaluation, promotions and employee on-boarding/off-boarding, and improve performance management system.
- Ensure internal controls are reviewed and updated to reduce business risk and ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and adherence to agreed policies, procedures and manuals.
- Review internal/external audit findings and ensure rapid follow-up on issues raised by the internal/external audit
- Assist the General manager to liaise with government and other regulatory bodies and stakeholders during control missions
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Finance, Economics, Commerce or equivalent
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in comparable positions in terms of responsibility in banking, microfinance or similar organizations in an operations line-management role.
- Management experience
- Knowledge in Digital Financial Services and Agency banking
- Flexible and resourceful
- Acquaintance with the MIS & Banking/Accounting systems for day to day microfinance operations;
- A thorough understanding of microfinance performance metrics/indicators and the ability to interpret and process operations data;
- Bilingual (English and French) with Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills in at least one of the 2 languages;
- Excellent time management skills
Compensation & Other Benefits
- As per organization policy.
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements for the post of the Deputy General Manager should send their Motivation Letter along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae via: email@example.com not later than 10th December 2021.