Poste: Assistant Safety Advisor
As part of the implementation of its activities in Cameroon, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is looking for Assistant Safety Advors.
Availability: November 2021
Presentation of the INGO:
INSO is an INGO that supports humanitarian access for NGOs by providing reliable and objective analysis, in real time, on local conditions relevant to humanitarian access. INSO improves information sharing and coordination between NGOs for the collective interest while preserving the neutrality of humanitarian aid. INSO works particularly on humanitarian access issues and good information monitoring practices. INSO provides alerts and recommendations, analysis, precise contextual, statistical, and cartographic data. INSO also organises coordination meetings and trainings.
The ASA will support the Safety Advisor (SA) by assisting in the collection and verification of safety information in the NOSO region of Cameroon, as well as assisting the SA in the preparation of relevant safety reports and incident lists.
Assist in the collection and verification of safety information.
- Liaise closely with NGOs, the UN, Local Authorities, and others to obtain relevant contextual information for NGOs use
- Alongside DSA, monitor and guide INSO’s Field Monitors
- Monitor media to collect relevant information for NGOs use
- Contribute to writing safety reports and threat warnings in collaboration with the SA and the DSA
- Conduct regular field trips to develop local expertise of the context
- Working to develop a source network outside of the FMs and NGO community
Assist in delivery of other INSO Scheduled Services
- After verification of information through multiple sources, produce comprehensive daily and weekly incident lists to be send to the SA and the DSA
- Check the database each time it has been updated by the Info Team in Yaounde to ensure no errors have occurred
- Support the rapid collection of information for Alerts and Reports
- Take the lead on drafting Roundtable PowerPoint presentations
Assist in the delivery of other INSO Request Services
- Provide inputs to site safety review on request by NGOs and in collaboration with the SA and DSA
- Respond pro-actively to any relevant information request of NGOs in terms of safety
- Support during crisis, on request, in close collaboration with the SA and the DSA in term of information management
Adhere to INSO safety policies and procedures.
- Fully comply with INSO policy directives.
- Observe and maintain the confidentiality and safety of all NGO information.
- Observe and maintain the confidentiality and safety of any documentation/procedures as outlined by INSO
Adopts professional conduct and positive attitude
- Other tasks may be requested and should be executed diligently
- Manage your time in the office effectively.
- Work to ensure a positive working atmosphere by enhancing a cordial working relationship.
- Bachelor in either, Journalism, Communication, Political Sciences, History, or any other equivalent diploma
- At least 3 years of experience with NGO safety work experience or as a data entry analyst
- Excellent English writing skills as well as a fluent conversational level of at least one of the local languages relevant to NOSO.
- A good understanding of NGO approaches to safety
- A proven ability to develop and maintain working relationships with key safety interlocutors in the NOSO Region
- Excellent Computer skills and knowledge of Windows and Office programs
- Cameroonian nationality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Experience of working under high pressure, in fast-paced environments
- Strong organizational skills ability to handle multiple priorities in an autonomous manner
- Strong skills in data management
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities related to the position.
INSO safeguard policy
INSO is fully committed to safely recruiting, selecting, and monitoring all new employees, directors and potential volunteers and we will ensure strict adherence to our code of conduct and protection policy throughout the recruitment process. As such, the following secure recruitment practices will be applied:
- All job offers will be conditional on obtaining at least two satisfactory professional references.
- INSO will ask applicants about significant gaps in employment history or frequent changes of employer and address.
- All essential qualifications and relevant professional accreditations and memberships will be verified.
- The successful candidate must provide a valid identity document (passport, identity card).
- All new recruits will receive orientation on INSO safeguard policy and procedures and associated documents (Code of conduct, whistleblower, etc.).
- All new hires will be required to sign and abide by the Code of Conduct as a condition of employment.
How to apply:
Applications (Cover letter, detailed CV, reference of at least 3 people) must be sent to the e-mail address email@example.com with the mention of the subject of the e-mail "Recruitment ASA-Buea "
Deadline for submitting applications: 29/10/2021 at 3:00 p.m.
NB: It should be noted that applications will be processed spontaneously after receipt, only preselected candidates will be contacted. Due to the volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to provide feedback to all applicants.