CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Doctors Without Borders, for its activities in Kumba, is looking for 2:
DISPENSER (ref: 211020)
Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for MEDICINE DISPENSER
Working location: Kumba with movement in the field in surrounding Doctors Without Borders facilities
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid, level 3
Activity Rate: 100%
Principal Tasks To provide an accurate, timely, and qualitative dispensing service of drugs according to medical prescriptions and MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to improve the patient’s health conditions
The main responsibilities are:
- Dispensing medication to patients according to medical prescription, ensuring the medication is labelled with the correct drug name, strength, quantity, expiry date, directions for use and additional required information and providing clear instructions and advice on how to take the drug, when, how long, how to store, possible side-effects and any other relevant warnings. Making sure the patient understands in order to ensure correct treatment.
- Adhering to MSF practice policies and procedures for dispensing medicines, in particular those relating to controlled drugs and ensuring respect of confidentiality in dispensing
- Placing accurate and timely orders with the central stock, maintaining minimum stock levels of medicines, checking expiry dates and storage conditions and ensuring no medicines or material are taken out of the dispensary without authorization
- Maintaining accurate dispensing records and regularly reporting them to his/her technical reference. Ensuring returned and out-of-date medication is safely removed to a well designated quarantine zone for unwanted pharmaceuticals, separated from the normal stock
- Organizing and keeping clean the dispensing area, ensuring cleanliness and care in handling medicines to avoid contamination and mix-up. Maintaining dispensary equipment, ensuring it is clean, accurate and in a good state of repair.
- Maintaining the integrity and security of the dispensary by admitting only authorized personnel and ensuring that all medicines are stored as appropriate. Reporting immediately to the technical reference on any problem arising in the service (especially loss, robbery, quality problems with medicines (abnormal changes in colour, consistency, and odour) damage of medical equipment or medicines).
- Follow up of biomedical equipement in the pharmacy and in the differents services.
- To be responsible of general inventory in the hospital pharmacy and in the wards.
- Paramedical background
- Previous experience: 6 month minimum in similar position.
- Essential English and Pidgin
- Competences: Results, teamwork, commitment, flexibility, service.
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning on the subject: MEDICINE DISPENSER KUMBA ref: 211020 or else be submitted at Office DWB Kumba office, in a sealed envelop Ref: Recruitment MEDICINE DISPENSER KUMBA for the attention of HR Department Doctors Without Borders.
Deadline for the reception of applications : Wednesday, 28th October 2020 at 14:00
NB: writing tests and interviews will be done in our office in Kumba after the selection of the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.