Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
Doctors Without Borders (DWB) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that deliver emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. DWB offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation. We observe Neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics. We are seeking qualified and highly motivated applicants for: SWR- KUMBA project
Line Manager/Supervisor: Midwife Activity Manager
- To assess maternity patients referred by DMC and supported IHF, as well provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow-up before, during and after delivery.
- Provide appropriate counselling or Health Education to patient about different family planning methods and its benefits,
- Ensuring the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care, neonatal and comprehensive abortion care, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and Fistula care in accordance with MSF Reproductive Core Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardised protocols.
- Organising and supporting community health workers and remote nurses in decentralized care for pregnant/postpartum woman and newborns under supervision of activity managers.This includes;
- provide and attend the training on weekly basis
- participating in data collection
- preparation for drugs and inventory
- implementing ideas and plans depending on the needs of the project
- Understand and perform following tasks for sexual violence survivors;
- Correct reception of a patient, creating a relationship of trust & conduct medical interview.
- After obtaining consent: conduct the medical examination, (decide whether hospitalisation is needed)
- Register and complete the medical file respecting applicable rules regarding anonymity of the patient
- Elaborate a medical legal certificate, explain its use. (File or hand over the certificate, respecting rules regarding the security of the patient)
- Provide appropriate treatment following (MSF) protocols
- Assure the presence of a doctor for all problems exceeding one’s competences
- Accompany the victim to the psychologist or counsellor
- Explain the service’s functioning, provide dignity kit according to the needs of the patient
- Schedule the patient’s follow up visit according to treatment/protocol
- Evaluate the patient’s understanding of the purpose of the follow-up consultation
- Complete patient file and register among other tasks
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Midwifery: Essential
- At least Two years’ work experience in Obstetrics and Sexual violence care: Essential
- Previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s: Desirable
- Good communication skills in English (written and spoken) and Pidgin: Essential
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning on the subject: MIDWIFE KUMBA (Ref: 200908) or else be submitted at Office DWB Buea, Sandpit, Westminster Suites in a sealed envelop mentioning MIDWIFE APLICATION for the attention of Doctors Without Borders HR department.
Deadline for the reception of applications : Tuesday, 15th September 2020 at 14:00
NB: writing tests and interviews will be done in our office in Buea after the selection of the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.