Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
Position: Communications Professional Intern
Department & Location: Communications
Reports to: WACAH Communication and Media Lead
Purpose: How does this post support Plan’s strategy and mission?
In March 2020, Plan International declared a Red Alert response to the Covid-19 crisis. All WACA COs as well as WACA regional hub developed emergency response plans with a whole lot dedicated to communication, C4D, Media relations, social media campaigns, etc. In addition to that, the communication team is leading on some critical organizational social media campaigns to position Plan International as a Go-to organization for It is thus critical to get the support of a professional intern that will assist the Communication and Media Lead in the gathering and production of numerous communication tools to inform all our publics through divers channels. The whole process will be full of challenges which will constitute a huge learning and sharing opportunity for the intern.
Dimensions of Role:
- Gain more experience in disaster communication, Media relation and campaigning
- Support WACAH communication department with professional skills where applicable.
- 3 months June – August 2020; renewable in case of good behaviour and performance.
- Acquire new skills in disaster communication, campaigns, Media relations and advocacy
- Assist in the editing and translation of documents
- Support information gathering for various graphic design works
- Assist in internet research and press review and inform appropriately
- Support contact with Media partners
- Assist in the production of contents for various communication channels
- Support in the crafting of messages for communication tools
- Contribute to social media communications and campaigns as assigned
- Support packaging of content for donor offices (NOs)
- Support Admin works for WACA Comms Unit
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Qualifications and Knowledge
- A first degree or Masters in Communications, journalism, translation, etc.
- A minimum of academic internship in the areas of communication, journalism, translation, etc.
- Familiarity with the social, political and economic context of the West and Central Africa region, and its humanitarian and development issues;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate complicated and technical issues in a concise and clear way;
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, including ability to find, absorb, analyse and prioritise information from many different sources;
- Ability to summarize information into few digestible lines for any audience;
- Good knowledge of internal and external communication;
- Ability to work under pressure, to tight deadlines, with competing priorities and minimal supervision;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work in multi-national, multi-cultural teams;
- Fluency in English and French.
Outputs and Deliverables
- It is expected that the intern learns and delivers assignments in the respect of code of conduct, deadlines, and minimum quality standards as agreed with the Comms and Media Lead.
Communications and Working Relationships
- Works with WACAH’s Communication and Media Lead to acquire new skills in crisis and fundraising communications, campaigns implementation and advocacy - High
- Liaises with other Regional and GH Comms staff to ensure consistent approach regarding Global Identity and Strategy – Medium
- Attend meetings and make relevant papers and write-ups - Medium
- Represent Plan International at external forums as appropriate - Very Low
- Liaise with program team- Medium
- Collaborate and consult with colleagues in WACA COs - Medium
Physical Environment and Demands
- Work under pressure to acquire new experience
- Keep to strict deadlines
- Support conflicting demands
To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply". Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor
Location: Yaounde, Cameroon
Type of Role: Communication
Closing Date: May 27, 2020