Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
Position: Social Science Consultant (01)
Deadline to apply: April 1st, 2020
Start Date: ASAP
M.A.SANTE/BAHCARE [MeilleurAccès aux Soins de Santé (in French)/ Better Access to Health Care(in English)] is a Cameroon-based NGO created in 2006 with as objective, to contribute toimproving access to health care in Cameroon through health research, training and implementation of health interventions.Activities of the NGO are organized from its headquarters based in Yaoundé and its decentralized sites based in Kousseri regional hospital (Far North, Cameroon), Congo 1 sub-divisional Hospital (Douala, Cameroon) and Mogodé Health District (Far North, Cameroon).
As part of the implementation of its activities, the Association is urgently looking for 01 Social science consultant.
The implementation site is Douala, Littoral Region.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Review project documentations and based on this develop discussion guides and methodology for Focus Group Discussion (FGD) and a detailed work plan for the activity.
- Plan, coordinate, facilitate and moderate Focus Group Discussions (FGD) for different category of participants
- Process, synthesize and analyze interview transcripts and notes. This will include identifying recurring themes and presenting them in a cohesive manner
- Facilitate stakeholder validation and dissemination of findings
- Submit a detailed report of the qualitative findings of the FGDs within the consultancy period
- The consultant is expected to arrange their own logistics within the consultancy period
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
The consultant will be responsible for the following deliverables in 7 days maximum;
- Develop detailed work plan, methodology and questionnaire
- Coordinate and facilitate the FGDs
- Final report which includes the data collected and findings from the FGDs.
- At least Master’s degree in the social, behavioural, or applied health sciences
- 5+ years of experience with quantitative methods for social or behavioural sciences research
- 5+ years of experience with authoring technical papers, reports, or program plans for technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience with qualitative analysis software, e.g. NVIVO
- Experience with knowledge management systems and processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to assess the quality and rigor of individual research studies based on study design criteria
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting;
- Ability to conduct research and analysis and strong synthesis skills
- Builds strong relationships with stakeholders, focuses on impact and result for the stakeholders and responds positively to critical feedback; consensus-oriented
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate excellent ability and dynamism to moderate and animate FGDs
- Regional and national knowledge is highly desirable
- Ability to write reports particularly for International Funded project
- Demonstrates ability to manage complexities and work under pressure, as well as dynamic in conflict resolution
Languages: Perfect mastery of French language and excellent knowledge in English
Composition of the file
- CV of no more than three(3) pages;
- Motivation letter of one(1) page;
- Copies of certificates;
- Copy of ID card
- Proofs of professional experience.
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted no later than April 1rst, 2020 at 5 pm at the headquarters of the Association: Yaoundé Biyem-Assi quarter, opposite Wisdom Academic Complex; orsendto the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com.
Only successful applications will be contacted for the interview.