INTERNSHIP ADVERT: Boursier/Boursière en Administration
Location : Yaounde, CAMEROON
Application Deadline : 31-Mar-20 (Midnight New York, USA)
Additional Category : Management
Type of Contract : Internship
Post Level : Intern
Languages Required : English, French
Duration of Initial Contract : 2 months
Expected Duration of Assignment : 6 months
This position is located at the United Nations Center for Human Rights and democracy in Central Africa, in Yaoundé.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Director of the Center, and the direct supervision of the Administrative and Finance associate, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Provides secretarial, administrative and logistics support to meetings outside and inside Cameroon ; including through travel when necessary;
- Undertakes necessary actions prior meetings,
- Provides general office assistance; reviews, logs and routes
- Ensure inventory of office consumables and advise on replenishment requirements
- Handles routine administrative tasks, such as maintaining attendance records, assessing telephone billing, etc.
- Perform other tasks as requested by supervisors
Professionalism - Advanced knowledge of the use of information management to improve the awareness on human rights and democracy issues in the sub region; Familiarity with and experience in the use of various research sources, including electronic sources on the Internet, intranet and other databases; Demonstrate problem-solving skills and ability to use sound judgment to ensure the effective and timely completion of complex tasks; Ability to work under pressure; Very good knowledge of institutional mandates, policies and guidelines pertaining to human rights and democracy and sound knowledge of the institutions of the UN system;
Planning and Organizing - Ability to establish priorities, to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan; Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given;
Communication - Ability to speak and write in a clear and concise manner in English and French, including ability to draft a variety of reports, correspondences, and articulate ideas I a clear, concise style;
Technological Awareness - Fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software and other applications, e.g. Word processing, spreadsheets, internal databases, internet, etc.
Teamwork – Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Required Skills and Experience
- Be enrolled in the Bachelor (Baccalaureate+3) year or have obtained the Bachelor (Baccalaureate+3) for less than a year in Management, Administration, Finance / Accounting, or in another related field)
- 2 years professional experience in administration and office management
- A good knowledge of United Nations rules and procedures would be an asset,
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (outlook, word , excel, power point, internet)
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure ;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment ;
Procédure pour postuler
Les candidats intéressés sont priés de bien vouloir transmettre un dossier de candidature sous PDF en un seul exemplaire comprenant :
- Une copie des diplômes universitaires;
- Une lettre de motivation ;
- Un Curriculum vitae en y précisant trois personnes de référence;
- Deux lettres de recommandations ;
- Copie du document d’identité en cours de validité (Carte Nationale d’Identité ou passeport).
- Seul/es les candidat/es présélectionné/es seront contacté/es pour les entretiens.
- Les candidatures reçues après la date limite ne seront pas considérées
- Les candidats sélectionnés recevront une bourse de $300 par mois et un accès au dispensaire des Nations Unies.
HOW TO APPLY?
All interested candidates are invited to apply online through the following link: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=90892