Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
CALL FOR TENDER
Position: Health promotion supervisors
Deadline to apply: February 28, 2020
Start Date: ASAP
M.A.SANTE/BAHCARE [Meilleur Accès aux Soins de Santé (in French)/ Better Access to Health Care (in English)] is a Cameroon-based NGO created in 2006 with as objective, to contribute to improving access to health care in Cameroon through health research, training and implementation of health interventions. Activities of the NGO are organized from its headquarters based in Yaoundé and its decentralized sites based in Kousseri regional hospital (Far North, Cameroon), Congo 1 sub-divisional Hospital (Douala, Cameroon) and Mogodé Health District (Far North, Cameroon).
As part of the implementation of its activities, the Association is urgently looking for 05 Health promotion supervisors.
The implementation site is Douala, Littoral Region.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in the planning and implementation of health promotion and communication preparatory activities for the project;
- Design key sensitization and awareness raising messages adapted for different target populations;
- Design training manuals and facilitate training of CHWs on health promotion in communities and public places;
- Develop and maintain communication plan, and health promotion activity calendar ensuring it is current and meets the changing needs for the project;
- Work effectively with others to sensitize and create awareness on cholera and best WaSH practices targeting different sub-populations (age, gender, communities and public places);
- Facilitate health promotion activities, identify strategic settings to carry out sensitization activities and build capacity of population to improve their health and prevent cholera;
- Coordinate and report health promotion activities on daily and weekly basis while ensuring that opportunities for improvement are identified and implemented;
- Effective liaison with local community and partners to develop and/or maintain working relationships and where appropriate, encourage participation in the implementation of health promotion activities;
- Undertake other duties as specified and directed.
- Minimum of a degree in an appropriate public health science field from a recognized University or College of Advanced Education. Having a Masters degree is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities and experience (1 year minimum) in health education, communication and/or health promotion planning, implementation, evaluation and dissemination
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in French and English languages;
- Demonstrated high level of organizational and team skills including ability to work in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Having professional experience in the Littoral region will be an added advantage;
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, initiative ability;
- Knowledge of good clinical practice and good laboratory practice;
- Be organized and punctual, with communication skills;
- Be able to work under pressure, integrate and work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team.
Languages: Perfect mastery of French language and excellent knowledge on English
Composition of the file
- CV of no more than three(3) pages;
- motivation letter of one(1) page;
- copies of certificates;
- Proofs of professional experience.
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted no later than February 28, 2020 at 4 pm at the headquarters of the Association: Yaoundé Biyem-Assi quarter, opposite Wisdom Academic Complex; or send to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to email@example.com.
Only successful applications will be contacted for the interview.