Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Doctors Without Borders, for its activities in KUMBA
SURGEON (ref: SU190927)
Doctors Without Borders (DWB) is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for a SURGEON
Working locations: Kumba
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid
Organize and carry out surgery activities, ensure pre and post-operative surgical care, in accordance with DWB policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in close collaboration with medical staff in the emergency, intensive wards and operation theatre in order to improve patients’health conditions.
- Coordinates the implementation of DWB clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols ( antibiotic prophylaxis, post-operative pain management, thrombo-prophylaxis, caesarean section, blood transfusion, etc) and recommendations (standard hygiene and sterilization rules, prevention to HIV, TB, Syphilis and Hep B exposure) in order to minimize clinical risks.
- Undertake pre-operative consultations, evaluating the surgical risks with the anaesthetist and/or other medical staff involved, and obtaining the patient’s signed consent to operate.
- Carry out emergency and programmed surgical intervention following DWB protocols and policies including swab counts, ensuring appropriate use of surgical equipment and proper OT registry entry/documentation of all OT intervention.
- Carry out post-operative clinical care and ward rounds collaborating with the anaesthetist, the Operating Theatre Nurse and ward staff or other Unit Managers to ensure compliance with MSF protocols and rational use of medicines. Attend OPD, emergency room when required.
- In collaboration with the anaesthetist, carry-out the collection and analysis of quantitative surgical- anaesthesia data, using post-operative observation sheets, routine data collected, patient files, operating department register, patient file, etc to monitor quality. Monthly revue data and analyze clinical trends and comment on adverse events / poor clinical outcome. Support organizing the operating program and with OT staff monitor use of material and equipment and advise on instrument needs and coordinates patient referral.,
- Put in place the emergency disaster response plan of the hospital along with the anaesthetist and the medical doctor and /or the responsible nurse and run role hospital practical rehearsals, in order to ensure the continuity of the services under any circumstance
- Knows and helps implement the accidental blood exposure policy.
- Plan, evaluate, and supervise the training of the staff (emergency and the out-patient teams) in order to ensure the amount of knowledge required and to improve people diagnosing, triage, and early detection capabilities.
- Supports other medical teams/wards when needed (i.e. midwifes and obstetric teams in the maternity ward, etc.)
- Surgical experience as stated in surgical CV/skill form (number of independently performed surgical interventions) corresponds with the surgeries that are performed in the mission and qualification is duly certified and verified
- Essential: diploma in surgical specialty recognized by the State
- Essential: English language; Pidgin language would be an asset.
- Essential: computer literacy
- Desirable: experience with DWB other NGO’s in developing countries.
- Desirable: experience in orthopaedic surgery
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: email@example.com mentioning on the subject: SURGEON or else be submitted at the Doctors Without Borders Office in Kumba, Bamenda, Buea, and Mamfe in a sealed envelop Ref: Recruitment SURGEON attention of HR Department Doctors Without Borders.
Deadline for the reception of applications: Sunday 19th January, 2020 at 16:00
NB: writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.