CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Doctors Without Borders (DWB), for its activities in MEME, NDIAN and KUPE-MANENGUBA Division.
Pharmacy Supervisor (ref: MS02002)
Doctors Without Borders (DWB) is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for a Pharmacy Supervisor
Working locations: based in Kumba (require flexibility to travel in the all Administrative Divisions concerned by DWB project’s activities)
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid – Level 7
Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
- Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression
- Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analysing orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Supervising, with the HR department, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities.
- Recording all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
- Assisting in training of medical staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects
- Follow up supply chain management, procurement of medicines, Local purchase, destruction of expired drugs/hazardous materials in line with national guidelines and protocols, advice the mission pharmacy
- Ensure proper management of controlled drugs for the whole mission according to national guidelines, zero discrepancies for controlled drugs.
- Ensure proper follow up and separation of Mamfe, Kumba, EPP international cargo following project financials codes, during IMO reception
- Proper follow up of code chain, specifically in Kumba project where the mission pharmacy is based, timely report any cold chain breakdown
- Position combining management of mission pharmacy and Kumba project pharmacy responsibilities
Education: Essential degree of pharmacy or nursing related studies
Experience: At least 1 year certified work experience as a pharmacy manager, good knowledge of pharmacy stock management.
Languages: English and Pidgin are essential
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
- Time management L3
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning on the (Job title you are applying) or else be submitted at the Doctors Without Borders Office in Kumba on Buea Road, Buea and Manfe Office in a sealed envelop Ref: Recruitment of (Job title you are applying).
Deadline for the reception of applications: 5th January 2020
NB: writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.