CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Doctors Without Borders, for its activities in MAMFE
COUNSELOR EDUCATOR (ref: SWCO191210)
Doctors Without Borders (DWB) is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for a COUNSELOR EDUCATOR.
Working locations: Mamfe Health District and part of Eyumojock and Kumba Health District, in Health Facilities and Communities.
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid – Level 5
Perform counseling and/or education sessions to patients, following different medical and mental health MSF protocols and procedures, in order to improve their psychosocial condition.
- Identify the psychosocial, socio-economic and administrative needs for patients
- Actively promote the availability of counselling services and carry out, individual or in group counseling, basic psycho educational sessions, to patients, their families (when needed), in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties within the project scope.
- Refer patients to other specialists or other institutions for further assistance, when necessary in order to propose the best support available.
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for counseling activities and look after it,
- Keep files and statistics of daily activities and participate in team meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases with other counselors, preserving confidentiality
- Inform line manager of any problem of any kind arising during the day-to-day activities.
- Take active part in trainings, supervisions/intervisions and support the activities manager when necessary in doing sensitization for DWB staff or external partners about mental health /psychosocial issues.
- Discuss difficulties and problems in counselling with supervisor.
- Counselling, social work, psychology or other similar degree/diploma
- Essential 1 year of experience. Desirable experience with NGO
- Essential, English language; Local languages would be an important asset.
- Competences: Results and Quality Orientation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to DWB Principles, Service Orientation
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: email@example.com mentioning on the subject: COUNSELOR EDUCATOR or else be submitted at Caritas – Diocese of Mamfe - P.O Box 120, in a sealed envelop Ref: Recruitment COUNSELOR EDUCATOR addressed to Doctors Without Borders - HR Department.
Deadline for the reception of applications: 19th December 2019
NB: No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application documents are non-returnable; please do not submit original documents. Writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications.