PROJECT COORDINATOR ASSISTANT
Doctors Without Borders (DWB) is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for a PROJECT COORDINATOR ASSISTANT.
Working locations: Mamfe
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid – Level 6
Provide support to the Project Coordinator in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpreting in order to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and provide support in analysing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, in different administrations in order to improve decision making processes.
- File and update field contacts and correspondence (with other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc) in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows
- Assist the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about DWB (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities) in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion.
- Ensures the continuity of relations with local actors and keeps updated the list of contacts.
- Organize advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator with local authorities and partners to ensure the continuity of relations with local actors and involved counterparts.
- Execute clerk-related activities as well as prepare and conduct briefings on the project context to new employees in order to facilitate their integration onboard and within the project environment.
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed.
- Desirable, university degree
- Desirable two years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with DWB or other NGOs
- Essential, English language and local language
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Competences: Results Orientation, Teamwork and cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to DWB Principles, Stress Management
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address:
firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning on the subject: PROJECT COORDINATOR ASSISTANT or else be submitted at Caritas – Diocese of Mamfe - P.O Box 120, in a sealed envelop Ref: Recruitment PROJECT COORDINATOR ASSISTANT addressed to Doctors Without Borders - HR Department.
Deadline for the reception of applications: 25th November 2019
NB: No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application documents are non-returnable; please do not submit original documents. Writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications.