Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
Doctors Without Borders (DWB) is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for a LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR.
Working locations: Mamfe
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid – Level 6
Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the DWB equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to DWB standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
- Monitoring maintenance activities of infrastructures, management of non-medical stocks and equipment according to DWB standards
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager's supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor's instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to DWB standards
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person's task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to DWB standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper or assume storekeeper role, makes local purchases up on request by line manager according to DWB supply procedures and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment
- Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of security measures
- Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards...) and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly discarded
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of DWB premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings ect. and security conditions. In this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
- Performing maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular:
- Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
- Renewing the authorization to use radio material with local authorities.
- Checking the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations.
- Preparing orders for his sector activity, do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
- Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
- Participating and organizing trainings at the request of the line manager
- Manage on daily bases logistics store, produce monthly stock report and plan stock replenishment according to stock management standards
- Assess the security situation at the project level and inform the line manager on regular bases
- Essential secondary education and formal technical training.
- Previous working experience of at least 1 year in DWB or 2 years in a similar post out of DWB.
- Essential, English language; Local language would be an asset.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Competences: Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and cooperation, Behavioural Flexibility, Commitment to DWB Principles, Stress Management
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address:
firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning on the subject: LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR or else be submitted at Caritas – Diocese of Mamfe - P.O Box 120, in a sealed envelop Ref: Recruitment LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR addressed to Doctors Without Borders - HR Department.
Deadline for the reception of applications: 25th November 2019
NB: No applications will be accepted after the deadline Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application documents are non-returnable; please do not submit original documents. Writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications.