Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
JOB ADVERT: ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER H/F - YAOUNDÉ - GIZ CAMEROUN
“Employment promotion in the informal sector” is the new regional project that contributes to improving the employment and income situation in Africa. Start-up entrepreneurs and micro-entrepreneurs are supported by improved access to finance through the topping-up of migrants' transfers of funds and capacity-building of entrepreneurial skills. Through the digital "WiDu" platform, the project applications are submitted jointly by members of the African Diaspora in Germany and business start-ups and micro-entrepreneurs in Africa. In addition, the digital platform provides the framework for coaching and mentoring services in the pilot countries as well as for the networking of funded start-up entrepreneurs and micro-entrepreneurs.
Given the innovative P2P approach of the project, it will be piloted in Ghana and Cameroon in a 9-month orientation phase ("individual development co-operation"). If the pilot phase is successful, a later increase and extension of the project to other African countries is planned.
The Admin Officer acts as an interlink between the project team and the administrative teams of GIZ Country Office in Yaoundé and in GIZ headquarters in Eschborn and handles the administrative and procurement of the project including to support the introduction of new procedures linked with the backoffice functionalities of the WiDu software platform.
- Administer and maintain the project filing system according GIZ procedure
- Purchase office equipment and ensures its maintenance in coordination with the procurement unit of the GIZ Office Cameroon
- Organise maintenance and support of office equipment, including IT and vehicles.
- Manage every day secretarial issues at his/her duty station
- Make travel arrangements for the project team including travel, hotel bookings, requesting advances, supporting in the reimbursement of travel costs and preparation of travel claims and requests.
- Prepare and administers official correspondence of project
- Maintain the databases and library of project
- Maintain a communications archive for the project
- Organise and compiles information and presentation materials including the organising of photos and other media
- Supports the results-based monitoring process of the project activities in all related components;
- Quality control service request documents to country office for the Project.
- Support the organization of field missions and capacity-building activities
- Support of preparing workshops and events
- Book event venues
- Event and participant management: travel arrangements, travel costs reimbursement, participant registration
Other duties and additional tasks
- Supports the operationalization of new financial and administrative procedures based on “back office/moderation” processes of the new WiDu web based platform
- Resolve simple issues concerning IT software and hardware in office
- Assist in and/or carry out other office activities and other tasks, as assigned
- University degree in Finance, Administration, social sciences or communications, ideally with a focus on evaluation and monitoring and reporting of results.
- At least 4-5 years of work experience with a focus on administration
- Highly organised with established methods for time management and task prioritisation
- Excellent communication in English and French. German an advantage
- Very good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems, and computer applications
- Proven capacity to work with digital systems
- Ability to take responsibility and work on own initiative
- Disciplined and punctual; willingness to keep deadlines
- Willingness to strengthen skills and competencies as required by the tasks
Expected starting date: 01.11.2019
Assignment Period: November 2019 to April 2020 (with option for an extension until 2022)
Place of employment: Yaoundé
Closing date: 15.10.2019
Internal Classification: Professional 4A, Reports to Head of Programme (AV)
Application submission: Interested and suitable applicants should forward their applications including a detailed Curriculum Vitae (maxi 2 leaves), a one-page cover letter addressing the applicant’s motivation and three (3) professional references via the GIZ-CM online recruitment platform : ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Important note: Recruitment at GIZ is not subject to any fees nor mediation. Any fraudulent information detected will result in the elimination of the applicant of the current and future recruitment process. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Unsuccessful files will be destroyed six months after the date of publication.