Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
JOB ADVERT: Community Engagement Officer
community engagement officer (CEO)
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer (MEALO)
Number of persons under responsibility
Place of assignment
Type of contract
Duration of the contract
07 months, non-renewable
Date of assumption of office
APDEL is an association under Cameroonian law having its headquarters in Dschang in the West region of Cameroon. APDEL's mission is to fight against social inequalities that hinder people's participation in the development process, especially that of young people. It carries out its activities in 3 regions of Cameroon (Central, North-West and West regions). The organization's interventions are focused on socio-economic inclusion, health, social cohesion, human rights and local governance.
In the course of its activities, APDEL is looking for a motivated, dynamic and experienced Community Engagement Officer.
OBJECTIVES AND MAIN ACTIVITIES
1. Develop and supervise the association's interventions within the community
- Produce, in collaboration with his/her hierarchy, the methodological tools for community activities;
- Coordinate the identification and selection of beneficiaries and intervention areas for community activities;
- Coordinate the identification and selection of community-based groups for the implementation of the association's activities;
- Develop and implement strategies to reach beneficiaries of different activities;
- Develop and implement community campaigns and action plans (CAPs) for the education of young people, parents and other stakeholders;
- Coordinate the work of the community-based groups mobilized through the activities.
2. Mobilize and advocate
- Ensure the involvement and participation of traditional, religious, administrative, local and administrative authorities and other opinion leaders in the association's activities;
- Ensure that the community partners understand the association's intervention principles;
- Strengthen the capacities of community actors on topics of major interest for the association (children's rights, gender-based violence, gender, health, sexual and reproductive rights, empowerment of vulnerable groups, local governance, etc.)
3. Contribute to the development of projects and strengthen the capacities of teams
- Participate in the identification and development of new projects;
- Build the capacity of teams on issues related to community mobilization.
4. Supervision and reporting
- Recruit, train and assist the Field Agents;
- Supervise the work of the Field Agents;
- Ensure that the principles and policies of the association are respected by the persons under one’s responsibility;
- Organize monthly / quarterly meetings with Field Agents, community-based groups and other stakeholders to assess the progress of activities;
- Produce periodic reports on the progress of community activities;
- Support your supervisor in the production of periodic project reports.
5. Administration and representation
- Ensure that the association is represented in coordination and advocacy bodies at the regional (North-West) level;
- At least A-level + 3 years in Social Sciences;
- 3 years' experience in a similar position;
- Experience in capacity building, especially for adults and youth;
- Knowledge of project management;
- Knowledge of communication for development and advocacy;
- Work experience in civil society is an asset;
- Experience working with children would be an asset;
- Live in Mezam Division (Bamenda).
- Ability to synthesize, team and initiative spirit;
- Diplomacy and negotiation;
- A letter of motivation addressed to the Executive President
- A CV (maximum 3 pages)
All the interested candidates must submit their application to the following address email@example.com by August 9th, 2019.
APDEL is an independent organization, without any cultural, political, religious and ethnical affiliation. Regards to its institutional policy, with equity in competence, female and/or youngest applicants will be prioritized.