JOB ADVERT: Finance Clerk
Title: Finance Clerk - UNDP Cameroon (Open only to Cameroonians)
Job ID: 24091
Practice Area - Job Family: Management - FINANCE
Vacancy End Date: 11/07/2019 (Midnight New York, USA)
Duty Station: Yaounde, Cameroon
Education & Work Experience: C-HS Graduate or Equivalent - 4 year(s) experience, I-Master's Level Degree - 2 year(s) experience
Languages Required: English, French
Vacancy Type: TA Local
Posting Type: External
Contract Duration: 364 days
Under the guidance and supervision of the Finance Associate, the Finance Clerk supports the provision of financial services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work. The Finance Clerk promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Finance Clerk works in close collaboration with the Operations and Programme staff in the country office and with UNDP HQs staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures implementation of operational strategies and procedures, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to elaboration of workplans
2. Provide accounting and administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Assistance in proper control of the supporting documents for payments and financial reports for NEX projects; payment execution.
- Processing of financial documentation (vouchers, supporting documents, telephone invoices, etc.) and maintaining internal expenditures control system by ensuring that vouchers processed are matched and completed, transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Atlas; travel claims, monthly payment orders (MPOs) and other entitlements are duly processed.
- Proper receipting of goods and services and establishment of accruals if delegated to the S/M
- Provision of information for reports on financial status, procedures, exchange rates, costs and expenditures (incl. MIP) and potential funding problems.
- Follow-up with other United Nations agencies for information relating to payments.
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports in accordance with the Country Office (CO) SOP.
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources.
- Maintenance of the proper filing system for financial records and documents.
3. Support knowledge building and sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on Finance.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to finance
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of clerical, administrative, secretarial best practices and procedures, in-depth knowledge of office software applications relating to word processing data management presentation, ATLAS, as required
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education (Baccalaureate G2-G1 or GCE/A in accounting), with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance Or Master degree in account or finance with 2 years of experience
- At least 4 years of relevant accounting and financial experience at national level (candidate with a secondary education diploma) Or Master’s degree with 2 years of relevant working experience in accounting and finance is required
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Knowledge of IPSAS and/or IFRS desirable.
- Working experience with NGO, UN System, International organism is an asset
- Knowledge of ATLAS will be an asset
Language Requirements: Fluency in French and English
HOW TO APPLY?
All interested candidates are invited to apply online through the following link: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=24091&hrs_jo_pst_seq=1&hrs_site_id=2