A Development Organization is seeking the services of qualified, experienced and highly motivated Health Program Manager who will be responsible for building and quality implementation of new projects within the Cameroon health sector portfolio. S/he will be responsible for the overall planning, management and coordination of health programming. The HPM will establish and implement systems that support high quality programming that ensures learning and innovation and conforms to donor exceptions, best practices and CRS principles and standards. S/he will identify opportunities for synergy across health program/project and actively promote and guide teamwork among staff and partners. s/he will represent the agency and the Cameroon health program to a wide range of institutional donors and partners, including US Government (USAID, CDC, PMI), Government of Cameroon (MoH, NMCP, CNLS, MINAS, etc.), multi-lateral organizations and a variety of emerging, on-traditional sources of funding to enhance CRS’ competitive position for donor attention and funding.
The position is full time and it is based in Yaoundé.
The Position is contingent to funding.
- Support representation of the Health sector to the Ministry of Health, Global Fund and major donors.
- Provide leadership and technical assistance in the development and growth of health programs in line with the agency and country health strategy.
- Research, track and analyze new business opportunities, competitive intelligence, and CRS’ competitive positioning within the health sector.
- Identify and proactively purse program priorities and opportunities for new funding.
- Cultivate and strengthen strategic agency partnerships within Cameroon, participate in various international, government and local partner health and networks, and represent CRS to external agencies including NGOs, donors, UN agencies, Church, and government of Cameroon entities.
- Anticipates and fulfill donor information needs, and regular information requests are responded to in a timely, pro-active manner.
- Maintain and strengthen partnership, collaboration and communication with catholic Church entities, as related to their development activities
- In collaboration with Programming team identify opportunities for learning research and government policy and for leveraging resources for promising health service delivery models.
- Facilitate the dissemination of promising practices and innovations of CRS health programs in Cameroon
- In coordination with technical support team, facilitate reviews of project progress including the review of work plans, progress on benchmarks and partners capacity-building plans
- Keep abreast and ensure that relevant health staff are informed of programming and technical requirements to ensure that CRS activities are informed by current best and promising practices.
- Guide Health Program staff to incorporate innovative practices into new or existing programs are appropriate
- Ensure health staff have mastery of relevant operation process, including administrative and financial and budget management procedures and systems.
Qualifications and Skills
- Advanced degree in medicine, public health, health economics, or related field
- 5-7 years progressively responsible experience managing public health programs
- Demonstrated experience working in health systems strengthening, programs. Exposure to hospital network formation, health economics or health administration a plus
- Proven capacity to work with the Catholic Church and faith based
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality technical proposals and position for health funding from major donors.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, analytical and written /verbal communication skills, especially in cross-cultural settings
- Minimum of five years of supervisory and team-building experience
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly
- Manages financial resources with integrity
- Applies program quality standards to project design and organizational learning.
- Strong planning organizational, and time management skills
- Service-oriented and client-focused
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to advise and assist remote field staff
- Maintains ethical conduct and confidentiality in the workplace
- Possesses curiosity discretion, independence, good judgment and humanism
- Self-motived and able to work without close supervision
- Proactive, resourceful, and results-driven
- Ability to work diverse groups of people in a multicultural; team environment
- Ability to work collaboratively.
Required/Desired Foreign: strong written and oral communication skills in in English required, Professional proficiency in French an advantage
Required Travel: 25% of travel between Yaoundé and program sites.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Application files including: Cover letter and CV, 3 References, and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be forward to:
The Resident Representative
PO Box 1851, Yaoundé – Cameroon
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org specifying "Health PM" in the e-mail subject line
Closing date: June 28th, 2019 at 5pm
Incomplete and/or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.