CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF A CHIEF ACCOUNTANT AND TAX SPECIALIST
Recruitment of a chief accountant and tax specialist for a company that is part of an international group specialized in the agro-industrial sector.
Expectations (Overall mission)
Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer and the Financial Controller, the successful candidate shall prepare and produce the company’s financial statements and ensure compliance with all financial and tax reporting requirement.
He or she should master the record to report (R2R) process and guarantee the completeness and truthfulness of all financial information.
Description of duties and responsibilities
The Chief Accountant shall:
- Produce and provide information (financial and cost accounting)
- Ensure compliance with accounting and tax procedures and the respect of the deadline for closing accounts.
In the context of the production of information, he/she must:
- Oversee the entry tallying and lettering of accounts payable and receivable;
- Ensuring the position of payroll entries or the computerized transfer of the payroll software to the account service
- Check VAT entries;
- Ensure the correct accounting of capital entries
- Analyze the general accounts of provisions, fixed assets and financial operations in order to prepare documents to back the end-of-year balance;
- Calculate end-of-year provisions to be included in the balance sheet;
- Generate and control the year-end inventory entries to prepare the financial statements;
- Supervise auxiliary accounts (fixed assets, stocks, suppliers, personnel;
- Satisfy reporting obligations (DSF, VAT, etc.);
- Implement the recommendations of internal and external auditors;
- Document and ensure the application of all accounting procedures.
As part of the year-end work, he/she will:
- Assist external auditors and others during the year-end work in his/her areas of expertise;
- Define the audit schedules;
- Justify closing restatements;
- Adjust local accounts to IFRS standards for consolidation (consolidation restatements).
With regard to interims, he/she should:
- Be able to as interim to the financial Controller
Certificate and required experience:
- Advanced university degree in Accounting (DESCG) or be Chartered Accountant;
- Fluent in English and French (spoken and written).
Key competencies: attitudes
- Leadership spirit;
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence
- Have a sense of priority;
- Be tenacious;
- Ability to withstand a heavy workload;
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexible for possible extensions of weekly hours of work;
- Withstand prolonged sitting work positions;
- Be flexible to travel a lot in carrying out your duties.
- Master the internal accounting procedure Manuel;
- Have an excellent mastery of quality procedures;
- Professional accounting skills;
- Working knowledge of SAP software.
Start date: July 2019
Place of employment: Long term contract
Deadline for the submission of applications: 26 June 2019
Submission of applications
All applications including CV + 3 professional references and cover letter, must be forwarded by email to the address below email@example.com
N.B only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, unsuccessful applications will be destroyed six (06) months after the date publication of this job advertisement.