JOB ADVERT: Country HR Assistant
Location: Yaounde, CE, CM
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Cameroon is seeking to recruit interested candidate to fulfill the position of Country Human Resources Assistant hat will deliver the tasks outline below; the candidate will be stationned in Yaounde with frequent visit to North-West/South-West regions to support the Emergency Response
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the authority of the Country HR Manager, the Country HR Assistant will among other tasks perform the following tasks:
- Provide support in staff recruitment activities (job vacancies…)
- Control the operation of the Human Resources Information System
- Assist in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of staff training and development programs
- Support in managing staff appraisals
- Manage the updating of all staff files
- Support in conducting employee morale surveys to advise management on appropriate change management interventions
- Manage staff leave records
- Monitor HR annual budget
- Ensure adherence to HR policy and practices, consistent with global policy and compliant with local statutory and legislative requirements.
- Ensure gender mainstreaming and maintain gender sensitivity towards staff and Plan associate
- Fulfill Plan’s Child Protection Policy at all times
- Maintain and update a summary of the labour law for quick reference in supporting staff understanding and compliance
- Administer employee orientation/induction and other learning programmes and make recommendations for necessary changes
- Maintain good relationship with the National social insurance funds
- Ensure each Plan office is equipped with appropriate health and security facilities as per the labour code
- Ensure the timely preparation of staff salaries and termination benefits where necessary
- Up-date the Human Resources Information System as appropriate
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives: Gained through education, training, & experience
Qualification and Experience
- Degree in Human Resources or equivalent
- A previous working experience as Intern in an HR will be an asset
- Good written and/or spoken English language
Demonstrated behaviors needed by the post holder to successfully perform the role:
- Promotes high performance
- Open to feedback
- Communicates in a style that inspires confidence and professionalism and builds credibility current and prospective employees
- Flexible and committed to customer service.
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
- Strong team working skills
- High degree of discretion
- Planning, and organising
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Cultural sensitivity
To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply". Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor
Location: Yaoundé – CAMEROON
Closing date: May 17th, 2019
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a child protection and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.