CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Doctors Without Borders, for its activities in Kumba, is looking for:
SUPPLY OFFICER (ref: 190504)
Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
we are looking for SUPPLY OFFICER
Job location: Kumba with movement in the field in surrounding Doctors Without Borders facilities
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid, level 5
Performing the day to day implementation of supply procedures and ensuring efficient administrative processes for one or more areas of the supply programmes (Order Processing, Transport and Customs, Procurement, etc.) at coordination or project level according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the optimal running of the mission. Ensuring Stock management . The main responsibilities are:
- Performing the day to day activities ensuring an efficient running of the administration processes of the supply activities following the supply procedures according to MSF standards and protocols. The activities can include one or more of the following areas:
- Order Processing: Performing the day to day order processing activities in a particular supply office (coordination or project level)
- Purchasing: Performing the day to day purchasing activities in a particular supply office (coordination or project level)
- Ensuring that all necessary tools and management procedures are followed to avoid stock ruptures, losses and excess stocks in the mission
- Supervising materials and goods orders and dispatch in order to ensure its rational use.
- Receiving orders and deliveries, identifying and reporting potential discrepancies against cargo manifest or others. Stores materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability.
- Updating and/or creating stock cards for all stock items immediately after reception of goods. Checking the received cold boxes and controlling the cold chain-monitoring card
- Storing materials in accordance with the system in force in order to ensure continuous availability ensuring that all items are well organised and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
- Monitoring the store temperature and ensuring Cold Chain items are stored in an adequate temperature.
- Preparing orders on time before sending goods, and packs (according to transport means) weighs and labels freight with corresponding shipping number, destination, number of shipping units, way bill number, weight and mode of transport in accordance with the line manager’s instructions
- In conjunction with the line manager, performing physical stock counts in accordance with the frequency previously defined. Following up stock levels with regards to alarms thresholds, stock out and expiry dates.
- Essential advanced level, desirable diploma in supply chain or commerce related studies.
- Previous experience: 1-2 years in similar position, purchasing / stock management.
- Essential English and Pidgin
- Competences: Results, teamwork, commitment, flexibility, service.
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning on the subject: SUPPLY OFFICER KUMBA ref: 190504 or else be submitted at Office DWB Kumba office, in a sealed envelop Ref: Recruitment SUPPLY OFFICER KUMBA for the attention of HR Department Doctors Without Borders.
Deadline for the reception of applications : Friday, 10th May 2019 at 14:00
NB: writing tests and interviews will be done in our office in Kumba after the selection of the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.