JOB ADVERT: Country Manager Cameroon Douala/Yaounde
MPower Ventures, a Zurich and Madrid based venture backed start-up in the energy access area (www.mpower.africa), is looking for an independent and entrepreneurial country manager in Cameroon. This is an exciting opportunity in a fascinating and rapidly growing field and in a start-up environment.
The main tasks of the country manager are summarized below:
- Lead strategy and tactical execution for market and business development efforts with an immediate focus on supporting our local partners and distributors with sales and local operations
- Develop and execute marketing and social media strategies
- Support local partners in after-sales and customer service
- Research and execute regulatory and operational market procedures
- Review business practices and processes and provide detailed fact-based feedback
The required skills and experience are summarized below:
- A demonstrated capacity to take initiative, overcome challenges and work collaboratively through relevant work or project experience
- First professional experience in management / business development, sales or related fields either in Cameroon or abroad
- A MSc or MA in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Finance or any relevant field is desired with a passion for clean energy
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in French and English
- Team player and eager to learn new tools and roll-up sleeves to get the job done
- Entrepreneurial and creative mindset that is well connected
- Experience in financial services or technical sales is a plus
- Knowledge of local languages is a plus
The position is available immediately. The company is still early stage and can tailor the position to your interests. The salary depends the former work experiences and qualifications.
Please send your application (CV plus short cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please make sure to include your name and Cameroon (e.g. Cameroon_First Name_Last Name) in the e-mail subject line).