CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Doctors without Borders, for its activities in Kumba, is looking for:
DATA ENTRY OPERATOR (ref: 190417)
Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
For our activities we are looking for DATA ENTRY OPERATOR
Job location: Kumba with movement in the field in surrounding Doctors Without Borders facilities
Type of contract : Fixed Term
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid, level 3
Carry out all activities related to entry of medical data into the mission database, according to DWB protocols and maintaining confidentiality, in order to have reliable and up to date information.
The main responsibilities are:
- Enter medical data (e.g. patient data, dates of visit, content of prescription, viral load, etc.) in mission’s database on a regular basis and according to MSF protocols.
- Participate in compilation of data both from MSF structures and from collaborating health facilities.
- Participate in the search for missing data.
- Update files of existing patients and make any corrections needed.
- Make regular back-ups of all data processed.
- Look after all equipment provided and keep recording area clean and tidy, giving special importance to all patient files.
- Report any issue concerning data management to superior
- Elaborate statistical reports when required by the medical team.
- Ensure, promote and maintain confidentiality regarding all information registered.
- Secondary education essential, college degree desirable
- Previous experience in relevant / similar positions desirable
- Desirable exparience in Doctors Without Borders or other NGOs
- Essential English and Pidgin
- Able to learn to use software for recording data. Essential word / excel previous experience.
- Competences: Results, teamwork, commitment, flexibility, service.
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning on the subject: DATA ENTRY KUMBA ref: 190417 or else be submitted at Office DWB Kumba office, Buea Road next to Winner Chapel church, in a sealed envelop Ref: Recruitment DATA ENTRY OPERATOR for the attention of HR Department Doctors Without Borders.
Deadline for the reception of applications : Wednesday, 24th April 2019 at 14:00
NB: writing tests and interviews will be done in our office in Kumba after the selection of the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.