JOB ADVERT: Data Manager
JOB REFERENCE: DMO001/CRENC-IeDEA/04-2019
SALARY: Competitive and commensurate with experience
TERMS: Permanent Full Time
CLOSING DATE: 21 April 2019
Expected start date: 1st May, 2019
LIAISES WITH: Cameroon IeDEA Principal Investigator (IeDEA PI); US Study Implementation Team; Programs/Research Director; CRENC-IeDEA central coordination team, CRENC-IeDEA sites staff.
I. ABOUT CRENC.
Clinical Research Education, Networking and Consultancy (CRENC) is a Cameroon based research foundation with a commitment to clinical research excellence through the quest of novelty and collaboration (www.crenc.org ).
II. ABOUT IeDEA study and related projects.
The overall goal of the International Epidemiologic Database to Evaluate AIDS (IeDEA) study is to use secondary clinical, laboratory and epidemiologic data from HIV-infected patients in various regions to answer HIV/AIDS and other related co-morbidities research questions that cannot be answered with existing individual cohorts in each country. The research study is funded by the United States National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and implemented in Cameroon by the CRENC. The IeDEA study is currently being implemented in the Limbe Regional Hospital (LRH), Bamenda Regional Hospital (BRH) and Yaounde Jamot Hospital (YJH). Other projects of different size are related to the IeDEA project.
Actors in the Implementation:
- US Principal Investigators
- CRENC-IeDEA Principal Investigator
- CRENC-IeDEA Director of Research Operations
- CRENC-IeDEAIT Manager
- CRENC-IeDEA Site staff (Site coordinator, Research officers and Data collectors)
- Other CRENC-IeDEA Central Coordination staff
III. PURPOSE OF JOB
With the help of a team of doctors, nurses/data clerks at the North West regional hospital in Bamenda, South West regional hospital in Limbe, and Jamot Hospital in Yaoundé, key routine care data are extracted from patient files using standardized paper forms. Some primary data is also obtained from patients during routine clinic visits. The data is then entered into RedCap, a secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for managing the process for data collection on standardized paper forms, storage, quality control and supervision of entry into RedCap. S/he will help supervise a team of data clerks at each site, ensure timely and efficient data extraction and data entry at each site and in partnership with Research Operations Director and IT Manager ensure quality control and timely upload and collation in RedCap. S/he will also work collaboratively with both local and US team on data cleaning and quality assurance. The Job is full-time and requires on-going travel within the study sites and occasional travel outside the country.
IV. RESPONSIBLE FOR:
The DM is a strategic position in the organization. With the support and overview of the IeDEA Director of Research Operations, reports directly to the Cameroon Principal IeDEA Investigator.
V. MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
With close collaboration and support from the Research Director,
- Streamline data collection and data entry procedures to reduce the delay between the patient visit and availability of information from this visit in the database
- Provide support and supervision to study team at each site and help maximize productivity and timely availability of data
- Review data for inconsistencies or anomalies on a weekly basis, provide weekly data collection feedback to sites and implement appropriate corrective measures, and this, in close collaboration and support from Director of Research Operations.
- Communicate with PIs about data changes or requirements,
- Working on other aspects of the CRENC-IeDEA projects as requested by the PIs
- Participate in the analysis of data and manuscript writing
- Conduct any other task as requested by the CRENC-IeDEA leadership
Ideal candidates will be Cameroonians who hold a minimum of bachelor’s degree, or Master, with prior and verifiable experience of managing large datasets. The ideal candidate must have experience using Epi-info, Excel, Epi-data, or Redcap or similar database software. S/he must be enthusiastic and passionate for research and data management. Knowledge of HIV and/or communicable/non-communicable disease would be an added advantage as is a prior supervisory experience. Candidates should be bilingual (English and French).
Evaluation of qualified candidates will include an assessment of their CVs and references as well as a competency-based interview.
- CRENC Considerations and Fees
- CRENC shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in it’s head office and projects sites. CRENC is a non-smoking environment.
- CRENC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, TRAINING OR ANY OTHER FEES). CRENC DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON BANK ACCOUNTS.
How to Apply: CV’s should be no more than 4 pages
Submit your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org latest 21 April 2019. The position you are applying for should be indicated in the subject line of the email with the job reference number. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.