JOB VACANCY - ACCOUNTANT
Renaissance Cooperative Credit Unions in Cameroon - RECCU-CAM LTD is an Accredited Network of Category One Microfinance Institutions - MFIs (Credit Unions) in Cameroon, constituted on May 30th 2013. RECCUCAM is experiencing business expansion and needs the services of a Financial Accountant.
A. Key Job Responsibilities:
The Accountant is the key Accounting and Finance staff of the network, providing timely and accurate financial information for management and board decision-making. S/He reports to the General Manager.
B. Summary Job Description:
- Full responsibility for RECCUCAM’s Accounting, Statutory reporting and Yearend financial duties
- Prepares periodic and annual financial plans and forecasts, budgetary controls and KPIs
- Responds to financial and tax inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, interpreting results and reporting.
- Provides financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices; and proposing appropriate recommendations.
- Prepares special reports by studying variances on budgets, cash flows and other operational plans.
- Supports the field services department in audits/investigation and accountants in the entire RECCUCAM Network
C. Required Qualifications & Experiences:
- Secondary and High School studies in Accounting (GCE O/L & A/L, CAP & BAC, RSA or LCCI)
- First Degree in Accounting from a recognized tertiary institution (University)
- Professional Qualification; CPA, ACCA or CIMA, ICAN or any Certified Accounting Qualification (an advantage)
- Strong Accounting and Finance background, with a minimum of 5years in a professional setting
- Microfinance or Financial Services experience (candidates with Credit Union Accounting experience especially in the RECCUCAM Network will have an advantage)
- Strong analytical & Communication skills, Team Work and Problem Solving skills
- Bilingual – English and French
- Excellent Computer skills – Microsoft Excel, Word etc.
- Record of Integrity – this will be verified
D. Application Procedures:
- An Updated Curriculum Vitae
- A Letter of motivation or Application (Hand Written)
Address to The Board President, RECCUCAM, P O Box 253 Mankon Bamenda.
Deposit at RECCUCAM Head Office, Azire Credit Union Building – Commercial Avenue Bamenda.
E. Closing Date: March 20th 2019
Short-listed Candidates shall be contacted for interviews in March 2019. (Date to be scheduled)