Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
JOB ADVERT: Project officer
The Community Action for Development (CAD) seeks the services of a qualified candidate to fill the position of Projects Officer. The Projects Officer shall work as a team member of the CAD in Bangem, reporting to the Coordinator.
- Planning and coordination
- Policy advocacy and influencing Government and Private Sector decision-makers;
- Coordinate and supervise projects/program implementation, monitoring and reporting;
- Develop monthly and annual activity plans and oversee their implementation;
- Improve the institutional and technical capacities of CBOs/Cooperatives;
- Support CBOs engagement in livelihood improvement activities;
- Awareness creation for education, conservation and sustainable resource management;
- Conduct training needs assessments for CBOs and communities;
- Provide technical assistance to staff and CBOs operating under CAD;
- Organize and facilitate project events with local leaders, agents and groups, as needed;
- Networking with Government Authorities, private companies and other NGOs;
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy in reporting(monthly, project-based and annual reports);
- Represent CAD, as designated by the Coordinator in meetings and workshops;
- Fundraise through writing project proposals for funding.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in the Social Sciences, Project Management, rural developmennt, environmental management, Agri-business management or any related discipline;
- At least 2 years of experience in conservation and development activities, with at least 1 year of project management;
- Past experience or proven ability to work with local communities and civil society structures.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent inter-personal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships at all levels, within CAD and, as required, with external stakeholders;
- Excellent oral and writing communications skills in English and French;
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, power point, Publisher, e-mail, internet etc);
- Experience or proven ability to work in collaboration with local authorities;
- Strong leadership abilities and ability to work under pressure and respond timely to urgent requests;
- Ability to submit timely, complete and accurate reports;
- Ability to document best practices, lessons learned and success stories;
- High ethics and a personal commitment to transparency and accountability;
- Adherence to CAD’s internal rules, values and principles.
Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or to P.O Box 85 Bangem, South West Region, Cameroon, Tel: +237 677313120 or +237 696023299
Deadline for applications: 10 February 2019.
Female applicants are encouraged to apply. CAD is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted two (2) weeks after closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.