Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
CALL FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF A CONSULTANT TO CONDUCT A STUDY ON CHINESE INVOLVMENT IN TIMBER TRADE IN CAMEROON
In 2015, WWF Cameroon conducted a study on China investment in the forestry sector in Cameroon, under a project funded by DFID. The study revealed that China became a key actor is the logging industry in Cameroon during the last decade. In addition, Chinese companies are more and more present in wood trading in Cameroon, ranging from large size companies to a very small size companies. Since July 2018, WWF is implementing another DFID-funded project to support forest governance in Cameroon, Gabon and Republic of Congo. Within the framework of this project, WWF Cameroon Country Programme Office is therefore seeking a consultant to conduct a detailed study on Asian involvement in general and Chinese involvement in particular in the trading of forestry products in Cameroon and evaluate the volume of wood exported from Cameroon to Asia in general and China in particular, both directly and via other countries. The findings and recommendations from this study will guide WWF support to Chinese operators to comply with legality.
Identify and analyze Asian investments with focus on Chinese investments in the trade of forestry products in Cameroon and assess the volume of wood exported to Asia in general and China in particular.
- Identify and categorize Asian companies involved in trading forestry products in Cameroon,
- Analyze the supply chain and main stakeholders,
- Analyze the trends of Chinese companies and investments in the trade of forestry products in Cameroon,
- Identify existing Chinese companies’ association, group, or network in forestry sector and develop a data base of its members,
- Estimate volume of wood exported to Asia in general and China in particular (by Chinese companies and non-Chinese companies) both directly to China and via other countries.
The selected candidate is expected to provide:
- A detailed methodological note that specifies the data collection method and sources of information
- A draft report for discussion and feedback by an internal reference group to be put together by WWF Cameroon and WWF China,
- A revised and final report that takes into account inputs by WWF Cameroon and WWF.
Period of the study: 1st February – 28th February 2019
The Consultant must meet the following requirements:
- At least a MSc or MBA in at least one of the following domains: economics, socio-economics, trade/commerce, business, , international relations
- Have a good knowledge on stakeholder analysis, value chain analysis,
- Previous work related to Chinese presence in Cameroon will be an added advantage,
- Capacity to work in both languages English and French, and a perfect ability to report in English. A mastery of Mandarin will be an asset.
How to apply
Interested Candidates are invited to submit their application (in one file and PDF format) to the following address email@example.com with a copy to NSonne@wwfcam.org .
The topic should read: “Study TRADE”
The application should contain:
- A note that details:
- A technical offer (Understanding of the assignment, methodology, timeline…),
- A financial offer,
- A ½ page that clearly presents consultant’s experiences with similar assignments,
- A curriculum vitae of consultant (not longer than 5 pages), as annex.
Deadline for application: 20th January 2019, 17H00 local time.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.