Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
JOB ADVERT : Driver Maroua PU
Location: Maroua, EN, CM
Company: Plan International
Plan International is an independent non-profit development and humanitarian organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected.
Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for-and respond to-crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan International Cameroon is currently advertising for the position of 03 Drivers based in Maroua Program Unit.
This a local position.
Dimension of role
- Drive professionally and defensively to ensure safety and protection of staff at all times without any incidents of accidents or injuries,
- Ensure vehicle is maintained as per the maintenance schedule of the vehicle to enhance longevity of vehicle with no reports of frequent breakdowns or malfunctioning of vehicle,
- Ensure that vehicle movement and mileage are duly recorded in the vehicle’s logbook to keep and track vehicle movement without any reports of carjacking,
- Ensure that the vehicle is always cleaned to enhance its state and notify Administrative Coordinator at least 2 months before the expiry date of the vehicles documents (insurance/road worthiness certificate etc) for renewal without any queries from the MTTU/Police,
- Dispatch local mail to addressees, keep and maintain communication with our clients without any reports of missing mails,
- Comply with Plan’s Safe Guarding Children and Young People Policy at all times to safeguard and protect the child at all times without any reports or incidents of child abuse,
- Comply with Plan’s Fraud Policy at all times to safeguard and protect Plan’s assets and reputation of honesty,
- Perform any other duties to be assigned to support the attainment of organizational goals.
Dealing with Problems:
- This includes how much freedom the position has to make decisions;
- Observe, anticipate and drive defensively to safeguard life and property always,
- Exhibit a good sense of judgment and responsibility while driving,
- In case of accident, make sure a Police report is made before moving,
- Works with minimum supervision.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Low contact with service providers and suppliers for the collection of quotations, receiving and dispatch of goods, material, equipments, mails, deposits etc.
- Maintains a high contact with all Maroua Program Unit staff to facilitate prompt movement of staff towards the implementation of Plan’s programs and activities
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Qualification and Experience
- GCE O level/SSS
- At least 5 years driving experience in the formal sector
- Valid driving license with category D or C.
- Fluent in Fulfulde and/or Arabe Shuar
- Experience in the NGO sector preferably with child-related development issues, would be an advantage
- Have a good knowledge of the Far North Region especially the Logone and Chari, Mayo Sava, Moyo Tsanaga and Diamaré divisions.
Demonstrated behaviors needed by the post-holder to successfully perform the role:
- Leadership Behaviors
- Planning and organizing abilities
- Timeliness and proactive in the discharge of duties
- Ability to inter-face with staff visitors and partners at all levels
- Communicates in a manner that inspires confidence and professionalism
- High sense of judgment and responsibility
- High safety awareness level of area of operation
- Good team player
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
- Basic auto mechanic skills
- Good knowledge of Highway Code
- Good communication skills
- Good verbal and writing skills
- Good inter-personal skills
This position entails 70% travelling time within Plan offices and communities in the Program Units with 30% of the time on office related activities.
To apply for this job, kindly click on “Apply “. Your application should include:
- A Covering letter
- A Comprehensive CV including details of three referees, one of whom should be your current or most recent supervisor
Closing date: 28/11/2018
Plan International Cameroon operates in an equal opportunity environment and actively encourages diversity. Only applications received in French or English will be treated and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Plan international has a safeguarding children and young Policies and gender equality policies that are integral part of the recruitment process.