Job Title: Sales Manager Beer Partner Markets
Reporting to: GM Partner Markets
No of positions: 1
Location: Douala, Cameroon
- Own, develop and drive the relationships and commercial agenda with customers – this is a customer facing role first and foremost
- Develop customer management capability to a world class standard
- Deliver breakthrough business performance by building strategic partnerships
- Accountable for delivery of the West and Central Africa business plan for beer, including addressing challenges & shortfalls.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- French and English fluency
- Suitable university degree. Business qualification ideal.
- 5–8 years’ experience gained across commercial and other functions – cross functional experience an advantage.
- Exposure across different channels and different levels of customer sophistication (e.g. National Accounts, Key Accounts and Field Sales)
- Track record of success in highly demanding sales organisations (FMCG) and in alcoholic beverages
- Leadership of teams operating in complex, multi-channelled settings
- Strong knowledge & demonstrated delivery in challenging trading environments; understanding of channel, pricing, negotiations and strategy development
- Exposure resolving numerous conflict-filled situations
- Negotiation and conflict resolution with powerful customers
Inspirational leadership, sound commercial record, people management, coaching, networking, influencing, communication, selling skills, planning, negotiating, performance management, problem solving and analysis.
1. Ensure achievement of our objectives
- Volume vs target
- Margins and profit
- Distribution : weighted and numerical distribution
2. 365 Esssentials : provide guidelines to the Partner’s salesforce regarding retail planogram and merchandising materials - Execute implementation of Guinness brand and trade programs in the respective region, quickly reacting against competitive threats if necessary
3. Ensure the identification and service to all key beer outlets within the respective markets
4. Support the development and implement a key outlets operational plan in line with the trade operational plans per region and market
5. Reporting: provide data and maintain accurate records on key outlets depletions, distribution metrics, pricing, and competitor’s moves
6. Ensure the build and maintenance of amazing relationship with Partners
- Work closely with the Partner and Distributor to adapt trade programs developed by the Customer marketing teams to the reality
- Manage, train, coach and motivate the Partner / distributor Salesforce, in order to deliver trade marketing activities that are superior to the competition in respect of both core and added value services
All applications to be made through the website: www.Diageo-Careers.Com
Guinness Cameroon, which is ISO 9001/2008 and FSSC 22000 certified, is committed to meritocracy and inclusiveness and will not unfairly discriminate in recruitment, training, career development and promotion on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, gender, marital status, disability, religion or belief and age
CLOSING DATE: 8/03/2018