JOB TITLE: Operations and HR Manager
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Cameroon
The purpose of the Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI). In supporting USG-funded global health activities, PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Operations and HR Manager provides support to the Finance and Operations Director and day-to-day management and oversight of the GHSC-PSM project in Cameroon to ensure smooth field office operations that are compliant with USAID regulations and Chemonics policies and procedures.
As Operations and HR Manager, s/he is responsible for the following principle duties and responsibilities:
Operations and Compliance
- Ensure that GHSC-PSM program implementation is in accordance with USAID regulations and procedures.
- Supervise the program’s day-to-day field operations, particularly office administration and local procurements.
- Develop and periodically review GHSC-PSM Cameroon operating practices and implement improvements where necessary.
- Manage logistics for project staff travel and training events, including agreements/contracts with vendors.
- Manage daily project operations in regard to office maintenance and repairs, provision of office supplies, and security.
- Carry out recruitment, hiring, training, and support the termination (as necessary) of personnel, as directed by the Finance & Operations Director.
- Manage collection and filing of staff timesheets.
- Process staff leave applications, and maintain trackers (e.g., annual and sick leave).
- Track and monitor level of effort (LOE) for local short-term consultants and professional services agreements.
- Manage staff benefits and welfare administration.
- Manage the social security pension and medical scheme processes in line with human resources policies.
- Maintain personnel and consultant records and ensure that all are properly updated on a routine basis and kept confidential.
- Ensure that the Chemonics Field Office Personnel Policy Manual and administrative policies, procedures, and manuals are disseminated and understood by all staff.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of government laws and regulations as they relate to labor, taxation, immigration and any other legal requirements that impact the HR function.
- Assist in planning and carrying out employee performance management processes, employee relations initiatives, and training as needed and at the direction of the Finance & Operations Director.
- Ensure fair and transparent procurement processes that adhere to both USAID regulations and Chemonics standard operating procedures.
- Manage project inventory, including maintaining trackers, ensuring all property is appropriately labeled, conducting quarterly inventory checks, and preparing documentation for property disposition if applicable.
- Assist with procurements as needed, including drafting and releasing tenders, evaluating and selecting vendors, and maintaining all relevant documentation in the project files.
- Manage driver schedule and vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Manage and maintain physical and electronic office records management consistent with Chemonics’ policies and standards and USAID regulations.
- Ensure staff compliance with office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Directly supervise the Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant, and Driver.
- Serve as acting Finance and Operations Director, as needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or any field related to Human Resource Management and Procurement. Professional Certification is an advantage
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in organizing travel logistics, recruiting staff, overseeing finance, and managing day-to-day office needs of an office of at least 15 staff.
- USAID or other donor experience in finance, operations, and regulatory processes strongly preferred.
- Fluency in French and English required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity.
- High level of computer literacy, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to deal appropriately with sensitive issues and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Working knowledge of human resources principles and accepted practices.
- A good understanding of local labor laws and employment practices.
Duration of Assignment: This is an unspecified period position.
Location of Assignment: The location of assignment is Yaoundé, Cameroon, with intermittent travel throughout the country as needed.
Supervision: The Operations and HR Manager will report directly to the GHSC-PSM Cameroon Project’s Finance and Operations Director.
Application Instructions: Please send electronic submissions of your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com by October 13, 2017.
Please include “Operations and HR Manager” in the subject line.
No telephone inquiries please.
Finalists will be contacted.