GLOBAL. HEALTH. ACTION
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF AN ACCOUNTANT CLERK UNDER THE ICAP IN CAMEROON OFFICE
Job Title: Accountant
Report To (Title): Finance and Administration Director
Contract Duration: 01 year
Duty Station: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Position Summary: ICAP at Columbia University in Cameroon with the implementation of its activities is intending to recruit an accountant clerk.
The role the Accountant clerk will be to organize and provide financial management support to administration and finance Director by maintaining finance records as described in the duties below. S/he will be responsible for daily accounting and bookkeeping activities, entry of financial movements in the accounting software and monitoring of spending and expenditure reporting.
Key duties and responsibilities:
Under the guidance and supervision of Finance and Administration Director, the role the Accountant will be to organize and provide financial management support to administration and finance Director by maintain finance records as described in the duties below. S/he will be responsible for daily accounting and bookkeeping activities, entry of financial movements in the accounting software and monitoring of spending and expenditure reporting He/she will:
- Prepare vouchers all payments in local currency XAF and in US Dollars
- Prepare vouchers of all General journal Entry in XAF Dollars
- Classify by accounting code and activities of all vouchers of payments
- Classify by accounting code and activities of all General journal Entry
- Record in QuickBooks all transactions of payments in XAF and USD
- Record in QuickBooks all transactions of General journal in XAF and USD
- Perform petty cash reconciliation
- Bank reconciliation of program account in XAF and USD
- Draft and share to FAD monthly Financial Report of QuickBooks program
- Prepare checks for all payments in XAF and USD
- Budget control for each program component as determined by Finance Director
- Ensure that all time sheets are accurately completed and submitted prior to receiving salary
- Preparer payroll of ICAP in country staff
- Prepare tax payments to regulatory bodies
- Control consultant days against the consultant contact
- Verify US per-diem rates for trips in and out of the country for advisors, consultants and staff of the Ministry of Health
- Prepare travel funds request
- Prepare travel expenses
- Prepare with FAD monthly budget and sent to NY headquarters for justifying the next month’s transfers
- Organize the original file of Monthly Financial Report.
- Advanced degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Professional accounting qualification
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of two (2) years prior experience working in a financial and /or administrative role, preferably in an NGO environment
- Demonstrated and successful experience working in a multi-cultural environment and with working with individuals at various organizational level
- Demonstrated experience working independently or as part of a team effort while maintaining composure under pressure and meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and accounting packages. Knowledge of QuickBooks software would be an asset
- Demonstrated working knowledge of USG and/or CDC policies, procedures and practices from a funding perspective will be relevant
- Experience handing sensitive and confidential materials and information
- Excellent French and English oral and written communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY
All qualified candidates should provide the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualification:
- 01 cover letter
- Update resume or CV
Application file could be submitted electronically using the email: email@example.com the subject to the email should be CANDIDATE FOR THE POSITION OF ACCOUNTANT CLERK
Drop their application file at ICAP in Cameroon office Street 1800, situated in Bastos Yaoundé, behind “Pharmacie Alliance” Please indicate you are applying for ACCOUNTANT CLERK
Addressed to the financial and administrative director
Incomplete files will be rejected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 21st July 2017 at 5pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: these are local hire positions and the successful candidates will be employees of ICAP in Cameroon and subject to the local terms and conditions of employment which includes a competitive salary and benefits package.
ICAP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, values inclusion and a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.