This job was posted there more than 40 days ...
UnityCo-operative Society (UNICS Plc) is a Microfinance institute created on the 15th of January 2000. Among other conventional financlal products like savings accounts and current accounts, UNICS Plc has invested a lot in the development of value added services like Automated Teller l/lachine and the sale of Bank Cards, Online Banking, SMS Banking, Virlual private Network, and many others. For the past 21 years, UNICS Plc has been able to position herself as one of the fastest growing financial institutions in Cameroon with highly improved technological facilities and well-developed products tailored to the needs of the public.
We are seeking the services of a Candidate who would be ready to work at any of our branches in the National territory in the folloring position:
We need the services of an Accountant with a thorough knowledge of the Cameroon tax laws, OHADA and COBAC Accounting principles. Mastery of financial accounting and internal controls wlll be an added advantage.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain and analyse budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgets to realizations.
- Analyzes revenue and expenditure trends and recommends appropriate measures to control expenditure and avoid income leakage
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare entries to accounts with appropriate supporting documentation, general ledger monitoring, and follow up to eliminate suspense Reconciliation of accounts; banks, transit accounts, inter-branch and accounting of our products.
- Manages the need in treasury of branch and forecast daily and periodic needs
- Ensure the safeguard of current and non current assets, to ensure traceability and security.
- Participate in the end of period closure; month, quarter ,semester and year, and prepare timely, accurate and reliable financial reports
- Ensures the respect of procedure for company and civil servant salary treatment and compensation.
- Carries out the accounting control functions in the branch to prevent and detect fraud and other irregularities.
Qualification and Skills
- To have at least a Bachelor Degree in Accounting and Finance;
- To have at least three years of experience in an accounting and lnternal Control position
- Experience in a Financial lnstitution is an added advantage
- Good working knowledge in Excel and Microsoft Word;
- A knowledge of computerized accounting;
- Bilingual (English and French);
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to deliver under pressure and in a team fostered environment;
lnterested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their detailed Cuniculum not later than 5th January 2022 via the email email@example.com