Job Title: Head of Program Quality
Number of positions: 01
Employer: NECC (KIDSS Project)
Supervisor: The National Project Coordinator
City/Country: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Expected start date: 15/10/2020
Funded by the Presidential Emergency Plan for Fighting AIDS (PEPFAR) through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Catholic Relief Services (CRS) has been the prime implementing partner for the Key Interventions to Develop Systems and Services for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (KIDSS) Project in Cameroon since 2014.
Following the 3 – year transition funding just received by CRS (until March 2023), the National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (NECC) has been chosen as a potential localization prime partner for the implementation of the USAID / PEPFAR OVC program in Cameroon beyond March 2023. Under the shadows of CRS, NECC will progressively take control of the KIDSS project.
The KIDSS project aims to provide holistic and sustainable care for orphans and other vulnerable children (OVC) by strengthening the capacities of the Government of the Republic of Cameroon (GRC), civil society organizations, communities and households to provide quality care and support to children and their families infected and affected by HIV.
KIDSS currently partners /collaborates with 24 local implementing partners, the Government of Cameroon and other stakeholders to reach OVC and their families in 32 health districts across nine regions of Cameroon. The program includes prevention and case finding activities for OVC, community support to enable linkage to care of infected children and adolescents, as well as to improve retention of children and adolescents living with HIV who have been enrolled into care and treatment.
NECC therefore seeks to recruit a qualified personnel to serve as the Head of Program Quality. The details of the job description is as seen below.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The Head of Program Quality is mainly responsible for coordinating the 4 technical domains of the KIDSS project (Healthy, Safe, Stable and Schooled domains) necessary to build the resilience of OVC and their families using the case management approach. S/he will have as main responsibility to ensure that services provided to OVC households meet the required PEPFAR standards and contribute towards meeting the 95-95-95 UNAIDS targets. S/he will be required to work in close collaboration with the Head of Administration and Finance when needed to support the national project coordinator in managing the overall KIDSS project at NECC.
- Assist in strategic decision making for the key PEPFAR service domains (healthy, safe, schooled and stable).
- Monitor the progress of the project through field visits (approximately 30% time) and meetings with partners and project participants.
- Document visits and meetings in trip reports.
- Review partner reports and provide constructive feedback in a timely manner.
- Organize and participate in periodic internal and external evaluations.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting by sub recipients and sub grantees.
- Participate in strategic analysis and planning.
- Explore opportunities for cross sector integration and private sector engagement
Partnership & Capacity Building
- Assess, monitor and strengthen the technical capacity of partners.
- Provide technical assistance to partners.
- Carry out institutional capacity and needs assessments with existing and future partners.
- Identify technical training needs for partner staff and project participants, organize and participate in training as required.
- Support the development of detailed implementation plans and monitoring and reporting tools with program participants, including the Technical Working Groups.
- Manage evaluation team for evaluations and share learning with stakeholders.
- Participate in accountability mechanisms between project and participants.
- Participate in the development of annual work plans, quarterly reports, and annual reports for implementing partners.
- Support the documentation of best practices and success stories.
- Take part in participatory analysis of KIDSS program outcomes and impact for learning and strengthening partners.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in the Social Sciences, or related degree required, MPH preferred. A Medical Doctor (MD) certificate will be a plus;
- At least 6 years of experience in designing and managing HIV projects;
- Experience in OVC programs is a distinct advantage.
- Experience in basic M&E concepts including indicator development, tool development, reporting systems strengthening, and data quality assessments;
- Experience in data collection, aggregation, analysis, and report writing;
- Experience in institutional capacity strengthening and Quality Improvement Concepts
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Good ability to transmit knowledge.
Required / Desired Language: Must be bilingual with a working knowledge of English and French.
Travel required: 30% of trips within Cameroon.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Supervisor: The National Project Coordinator
Internal: The Head of Administration and Finance, the Bursar, the Internal Controller, the Secretary General of NECC and his deputy, the rest of the KIDSS / NECC Project staff.
External: All stakeholders of the KIDSS Project.
NECC-wide skills (for all NECC staff):
These are rooted in NECC's mission, values and guiding principles and are used by each staff member to fulfill their responsibilities and achieve the desired results. These are:
- Trust in all relationships
- Professional growth
- Accountability and stewardship
- Strategic mindset
Disclaimer: This job description does not constitute an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, tasks and responsibilities associated with the position.
NECC's talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protect children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
NECC is an equal opportunity employer.
Application files will include: Cover letter, CV indicating among other things at least 03 references one of which should be a leader of a religious / faith based community and proof of relevant diplomas and experiences.
Apply exclusively online by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying Head of Program Quality, KIDSS Project in the email subject line.
Deadline: September 27th, 2020 at 5 pm Cameroon time.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
NB: By applying for this job, the candidate should understand that NECC protects human life at all cost and will require the candidate to do the same if recruited. NECC also requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation and human trafficking.
Successful candidates at this stage will be subjected to a practical test and an oral interview. A comprehensive background check will be done to the retained candidate.