CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF A VALUE ADDITION EXPERT IN THE MANAGEMENT UNIT OF THE ENABLE – YOUTH, CAMEROON COMPONENT 3 OF THE AGRICULTURAL VALUE CHAINS DEVELOPMENT PROJECT (AVC-DP)
The African Development Bank (AfDB) has given a Non- Concessional loan (AfDB loan) to the Republic of Cameroon for the implementation of the agricultural value chain development project (AVC-DP).
The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development is the Contracting Authority of this project which includes a youth Entrepreneurship component called ENABLE - Youth Cameroon (EYC) to be implemented by the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA).
In view of this, the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture calls for applications to the position of a value addition expert opened in the Management Unit of EYC Project based at IITA Cameroon Station in Nkolbisson, Yaoundé.
A – Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of strategies and action plans for value addition of products along agricultural value chains in general, and particularly innovations by Enable Youth Cameroon (EYC) agripreneurs;
- Identify diversity of agricultural products that have market value and turnover for households within the designate mandate regions of the agricultural value chain development project;
- Recommend value addition options of agricultural products that have market value based on effective market analysis;
- Mobilize human resources to strengthen the capacity of Agripreneur candidates in value addition as applicable;
- Explore ways of improving existing products and services through value addition;
- Identify underlying policies, institutional and infrastructural issues for promotion of value addition of agricultural products;
- Identify and examine key constraints and opportunities within the selected value chains for value addition;
- Lead the development of training materials, guides and manuals in value addition;
- Participate in planning of relevant value addition activities by the Youth Agri-Business Incubation Centres (YABICs) including related budget;
- Participate in various workshops, seminars and conferences among others organized by Enable Youth Cameroon;
- Contribute data to monitoring and evaluation, and communication on value addition;
- Monitor and evaluate businesses established by graduated interns in value addition;
- Contribute to quarterly and annual reports of Enable Youth Cameroon;
- Assume any other duty as assigned by the supervisor for Enable Youth Cameroon success.
B – Qualification
Education: Master's Degree in food science, agricultural product processing engineering, or related discipline.
- Minimum of a recent three-year experience in food processing, preferably in the private sector;
- Experience in agricultural development project funded by international donors will be a great asset;
Language: The candidate must communicate fluently in both English and French. Perfect bilingualism would be a great asset; hence, it is highly recommended to demonstrate it in the letter of motivation (i.e. cover letter)
C - Workplace
The incumbent of the position will be based at IITA Cameroon (Nkolbisson, Yaoundé) with regular travels in and outside Cameroon.
D – Contract type and duration
This will be a 01 (one) year renewable position
E – Working hours
The incumbent must be available to work 40 hours per week with flexible hours.
F – Restriction
The position is limited to Cameroonian citizens;
G - Remuneration
A nationally competitive remuneration package will be offered
H - Equity in employment
IITA encourages applications from women, men, young people who believe they meet the requirements of the position. All applications will be assessed in a fair and objective manner.
I – Application folder
The application file shall include the following documents:
- a detailed curriculum vitae;
- a letter of motivation (maximum of two pages; including the full names of the candidate, their full address, phone number and email address);
- a copy of the national identity card;
- copies of all relevant academic diploma and professional certificates;
- a list of 3 professional referees including their contact information (telephone number, email address and postal address); one being the current or most recent employer, unless otherwise advised by candidate with a strong rationale;
- a completed online application form; kindly fill the form in addition to sending your application file available on https://forms.gle/jRo6XTqqtN6R6HZi9
Applications should be addressed by email, as an attachment, to IITACA-HRS@cgiar.org, by January 31st, 2022 addressed to:
The Resident Representative
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture in Cameroon
P.O. Box 2008 Yaoundé (Messa) Tel : 222237434 ; (+237) 699319747
Application for the position of: Value Addition Expert EYC
Only applications received in French or English with a completed online form will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted