This job was posted there more than 40 days ...
JOB ADVERT: Accounts Assistant
Responsible for providing financial and operational support to Country Office/Projects and Program Units by facilitating timely request of funds. Performs general accounting functions primarily, encoding of transactions in Plan International integrated Software (SAP), cash payments to staff and third parties (, maintenance of subsidiary accounting records, preparation of financial reports and provision of assistance on other accounting related functions.
Dimensions of the Role
Under the supervision of the Country Accountant/Project Accountant of the Finance Coordinator, the Account Assistant will have to perform the below main activities:
- Cash disbursement and journals,
- Cash receipts from donors and IH
- Accurate and systematic filling of documents
- Field payments in case the online payment is not possible
- Process Payment and Journal Vouchers through Plan International integrated software (SAP) on time and in accordance with the Operations Manual.
- Cancel all documents attached to payment/journal package before sending for review and approval.
- Encodes accrual accounting entries in accordance with the accrual accounting plan of action.
- Coordinates the receipt of all fund requests from Program Units and from all department units and ensures accuracy of fund request received from various department units.
- Maintains complete and accurate file of fund transfer transmittals and ensures that bank Balances will have sufficient balance to avoid no sufficient funds at any given point in time before any payment is processed.
- Records all documents from other departments in the appropriate ledger (Local Purchased Order, payment requests, Projects, Projects Amendment…)
- Records all documents sent out of Finance Department to the appropriate ledger for traceability
- Liaise with other departments to prepare the monthly and the bi-weekly cash forecast
- Files all Disbursement Vouchers/Journal Vouchers systematically no later than the following month, with all supporting documents attached and duly stamped with PAID( cancellation), date and check number indicated.
- Safe-keeps all unused checks and check stubs in the vault.
- Put in place a ledger to follow up the use of check booklet
- Process payment to staff and keep unused funds to the vault
- Prepare the cash situation in a weekly basis and send to the Country Accountant/Finance Coordinator for review
- Participate in the Year-End process by providing all the documents requested by the Region and Country Office.
- Support the Project Coordinator in the budget management: preparation, review and amendment.
- Prepare Project financial report in a timely basis in accordance with the donor regulations and accurate data matching with the one in Plan software.
- Perform others tasks assigned by the supervisor
- Has high contact with all country office and program unit Account staff to perform his/her assignment
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- At least HND or BTS in accounting, finance, management, economics
- At least one experience preferably in an international development organization,
- Accounting experience in data entry
- Knowledge of local finance system,
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet),
- Be bilingual (English and French)
To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply"