This job was posted there more than 40 days ...
Job Description- Research Manager
Background: The Tuberculosis Reference Laboratory Bamenda (Center for Health Promotion and Research) provides high quality laboratory diagnostic services, undertakes programs to strengthen the health system, and engages in research to increase knowledge and inform policy change.
Position summary: Manage ongoing research projects in the area of public health, with an emphasis on diagnostics for infectious diseases. Full-time or part-time position, based in Bamenda with ~5-15% travel to other regions.
Typical responsibilities, depending on skill set:
- Carry out original, high-level individual and collaborative research with other team members
- Analyze large sets of data and information, drawing relevant conclusions
- Prepare and write high quality papers for submission to peer-reviewed journals
- Develop protocols, informed consent forms, and data collection tools, synthesizing input from the study team
- Set research objectives and review and assess ongoing performance of research team
- Develop and manage project activity timelines, study budgets, and tracking documents for management of study, site progress, and logistics
- Work to deadlines as required by fund or grant holder
- Participate in regular team meetings to review progress and deliverable
- Analyze and resolve research issues promptly and accurately
- Coordinate with management in determining research priorities and developing research roadmap.
- Undertake thorough and comprehensive literature reviews
- Develop positive working relationships with internal and external contacts fostering effective work and future collaboration
- Plan and develop future research objectives and proposals in collaboration with management
- Perform other duties as needed to ensure the success of the program
- Education: PhD or Master’s degree in Health, Sciences, or related area
- Preferred: At least 2 years conducting independent research in public health or related area
- Strong interest and passion to work as part of team to improve public health
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, good working knowledge in French is an advantage
- Ability to plan own work, set priorities and complete under pressure
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and willingness to learn new programs as needed
- A high level of initiative and the ability to work independently
- Proven ability to work effectively as member of dynamic team in fast-paced environment
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
This position is planned for 1 year with possibility for renewal depending on funding availability. If interested, please prepare a complete application including an application letter, current CV, copies of certificates and diplomas and (preferred) two recommendation letters. Please note that only applications submitted by email will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Submit all documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Research Manager” in the subject line.
The deadline for submitting an application is April 17, 2021