Announcement Number: Yaounde-2020-029
Hiring Agency: Embassy Yaounde
Position Title: Registered Nurse
Open Period: 12/30/2020 - 01/13/2021 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+1
Series/Grade: LE - 0510 9
Salary: XAF FCFA15,666,826
Work Schedule: Full-time -
Promotion Potential: LE-9
Duty Location(s): 1 in Yaounde, CM
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
The incumbent serves as the post’s nurse with responsibilities that include the medical care of Mission employees and eligible family members under the Bureau of Medical Services approved clinical guidelines, as well as maintenance and inventory of all medical equipment and supplies, implementation of a robust vaccination program, administration of group and individual health education programs, and medical emergency contingency planning for the Mission. The incumbent will work in the Medical Unit under the direct supervision of the Regional Medical Officer (RMO) or Medical Provider (MP). 100%
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: A minimum of two (2) years of post-qualification work as a professional nurse is required.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: The incumbent must possess critical-thinking skills and comprehend Bureau of Medical Services (MED) policies and procedures regarding medical evacuations, hospitalizations and insurance reimbursement methodology. Must maintain current knowledge of local and regional medical services that can provide care for all acuity levels, including betted specialists and hospitals. Is a resource for arranging the best method to transport critically ill patients and maintains a working relationship with transport facilities.
- Degree (Registered Nurse-RN Level) in Nursing or Diploma/Certificate equivalent from an accredited School of Nursing. Must possess and maintain a valid nursing license or a current unrestricted Registered Nursing license from the host nation, country of origin, or the U.S.
- LANGUAGE: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing English language is required. Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading French language is required. This will be tested.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The position requires strong interpersonal skills and a client-oriented disposition capable of dealing with a complexity interactive challenges in difficult and emotional situations. Must have a solid working knowledge of MED’s RN Clinical Practice Guidelines and be familiar with American Nursing Standards of Care. Must be able to perform basic word processing on computer. This may be tested.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted online, through the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) system, to be considered.