CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Doctors Without Borders, for its activities in Kumba is looking for:
MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELLOR (ref:MHC16122020)
Doctors Without Borders (DWB) is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELLOR
Working locations: Kumba
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid – Level 5
Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
- Identify the psychosocial, socio-economic and other needs of beneficiaries
- Actively promote the availability of counselling services and carry out, individual and group counselling, psychoeducational sessions, discussion groups and psychological first aid to patients, their families (when needed), in order to alleviate their psychosocial difficulties within the project scope. These activities could take place at different health structures and community levels
- Refer patients, with their consent, to other specialists or institutions for further assistance in consultation with the line manager
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for counselling activities and look after it
- Maintain strict confidentiality, keeping all information protected from any unauthorized persons
- Compile statistics of daily activities, and participate in team trainings and meetings to share experiences and discuss special cases with other counsellors
- Take an active part in trainings and supervisions/intervisions, and, when requested, carry out sensitization activities for MSF staff, external partners or other key people in the community about mental health /psychosocial issues
- Discuss difficulties and problems related to the position, duties and activities with supervisor
- Collaborate with other members of the medical team, referring to them and accepting referrals from them, according to the needs while promoting team work
- Collaborate with external key people (doctors, nurses, etc) for best support of the beneficiary, in accordance with principles, guidelines and directives
Education: Counselling, social work, psychology or other similar degree/diploma.
Experience: 1 year experience as a counsellor essential. Experience with NGO desirable.
Languages: Local language essential.
Competencies: Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: email@example.com mentioning on the subject: MHC16122020 MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELLOR or else be submitted at DWB Office, Westminster suit, Sandpit, Buea, Mile 1 Opposite Government School Mamfe or Buea-Road Beside Winners Chapel (Kumba) in a sealed envelope Ref MHC16122020 MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELLOR addressed to Doctors Without Borders - HR Department.
Deadline for the reception of applications: 21st December 2020
NB: No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application documents are non-returnable; please do not submit original documents. Writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications