CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Doctors Without Borders, for its activities in Kumba is looking for:
DMC NURSE (ref:DMCN15122020)
Doctors Without Borders (DWB) is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for DMC NURSE
Working locations: Kumba
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid – Level 5
Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
- Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
- Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed .
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, etc.)
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Fol-lowing the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Follow-up of all DMC activities
- Follow up of the performances of the DMC volunteers
- Perform the management of patients under MSF criteria
- Close monitor of the medical and non-medical data; crosscheck the data with the DMC NAM and ensure the data are sent on time in HMIS;
- Follow up the referral pathway between the community to second or third level and ensure referral criteria are respected from the DMC volunteers and that the patients under MSF criteria are received to the health facilities and they received the free services;
- Be able to accurately assess the referral forms from each DMC volunteers and referrals from the supported health facilities and use the methods to analyse any alarm or event from the population (health district and appropriate community);
- Coordinate and organize the trainings/supervision of the DMC volunteers and other staff of integrated health facilities under his/her supervision with special focus in following all appropriate protocols and procedures of DMC activities with the support of the DMC NAM and ensuring the good team work and collaboration;
- Follow up of the registration books in the supported health facilities and ensure the invoices sent to MSF for payment are correspond to the information in the registration book;
- Carry-out and supervise all the documentations of the DMC volunteers and the integrated health facilities according to the DMC activities (fill in patients files, referral forms, drugs consumption…), and ensure all information are accurate;
- If applicable, ensure the Sexually Gender Based Violence victims are referred to the specialized domain for necessary treatment.
- Respect secret and confidentiality of MSF medical data and information;
- Participate in the health education of the patient (and family) when necessary;
In addition to DMC tasks, be ready to intervene in any emergency scenario that might occur and be able to play a role in all nursing related care in assessment/planning and implementation and respond to any other tasks related to the nurse profile that might be asked by the supervisor or the manager
- Essential recognized nurse degree/diploma
- Desirable Bachelor in Science of Nursing
- Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in MSF or other NGO’s
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
Languages: Local language essential. Mission language essential
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Stress Management L2
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: email@example.com mentioning on the subject: DMCN15122020 DMC NURSE or else be submitted at DWB Office, Westminster suit, Sandpit, Buea, Mile 1 Opposite Government School Mamfe or Buea-Road Beside Winners Chapel (Kumba) in a sealed envelope Ref DMCN15122020 DMC NURSE addressed to Doctors Without Borders - HR Department.
Deadline for the reception of applications: 21st December 2020
NB: No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application documents are non-returnable; please do not submit original documents. Writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications