CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Doctors Without Borders, for its activities in Kumba is looking for:
RADIO OPERATOR (ref: ROP15122020)
Doctors Without Borders (DWB) is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for 2 RADIO OPERATORs
Working locations: Kumba
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid – Level 3
Operating the phones lines at the ambulance call center, in accordance with the MSF/Doctors Without Borders security protocols and rules, in order to ensure quality and confidential service for the operational needs of the mission/projects.
- Operating the phones lines following the MSF security rules and lines of communication.
- Ensures that the phones are always operational and report any problem
- Ensuring that messages are well copied/passed to all people concerned and records the messages on the registration book.
- Monitoring and registering the ambulance movements (departure, arrival, number of passengers, route taken, standard contact points) and informs line manager of any delays.
- Ensuring the reporting to the responsible person about any security issue
- Ensuring a proper handover to the following shift.
- Ensure the report of movements is on time
- Communicate effectively with supply/log team for required materials for the call center and the ambulances
Education: Good standard of literacy. Desirable secondary education
Experience: Desirable work experience as radio operator in related jobs
Languages: Essential English and Pidgin English
Knowledge: Essential basic knowledge on mathematics, mechanical, electronic principles
- Humanitarian commitment
- Motivation, diligence, organization and flexibility
- Great communication skills and resolution
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Teamwork and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Stress Management L2
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning on the subject: ROP15122020 RADIO OPERATOR or else be submitted at DWB Office, Westminster suit, Sandpit, Buea, Mile 1 Opposite Government School Mamfe or Buea-Road Beside Winners Chapel (Kumba) in a sealed envelope Ref ROP15122020 RADIO OPERATOR addressed to Doctors Without Borders - HR Department.
Deadline for the reception of applications: 21st December 2020
NB: No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application documents are non-returnable; please do not submit original documents. Writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications