This job was posted there more than 40 days ...
JOB ADVERT: Translator (Full time)
About This Position
This full-time position will be based at the Cameroon country office of the Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation in Yaoundé. The mission of The Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation is to catalyze Cameron's and Africa's socio-economic transformation by focusing on social entrepreneurship, science and technology, innovation, public health, and the implementation of progressive policies that together create economic opportunities for all.
We are seeking a highly diligent, confident candidate for the role of Translator. The Translator will be responsible for the accurate translation of documents and emails, as well as attending meetings in which live translations / interpretations are needed. The position comes with great responsibility, as the translator will be responsible for translating all documents, letters, and articles from English to French and vice versa. This full-time position will be based in Yaounde.
- Provide accurate translations of all texts.
- Proofread, edit, and revise translated materials. Liaise with colleagues and subject matter experts in order to understand specialized concepts and translate them appropriately while ensuring that translations are true
- to the original meaning.
- Able to use online translation tools for additional assistance with translation
- Attend meetings to translate discussions.
- Continually take language fluency assessments to certify fluency.
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Must have a degree in Translation from a recognized institution of higher learning;
- The ability to grasp new concepts quickly, eg technical terms
- A clear writing style with impeccable knowledge of spelling and grammar
- Attention to detail
- Fluency in both English and French
- IT skills
- The ability to build good relationships.
- Must be able to work independently against deadlines;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work under pressure
- Multitasking ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a good team player;
- Experience working with civil society organizations is an advantage;
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted using the online portal below. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 8th December 2020.
Click Here To Apply: https://www.foretiafoundation.org/careers/job-annoucement-translator-full-time/