This job was posted there more than 40 days ...
About the organisation
World Agroforestry (ICRAF) is an independent research institution which generates science-based knowledge about the complex role trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods. As part of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty and environmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration with partners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendations for increased food security and ecosystem health. ICRAF has been operating in Cameroon since 1987. To learn more about our organization, please visit our website: www.worldagroforestry.org
About the position
ICRAF is looking for the services of an Innovation Facilitator for its new project « Strengthening Innovation Systems in the North of Cameroon » (ReSI-NoC), funded by the European Union for a period of 4 years and implemented in collaboration with CIFOR, CIRAD et IRAD. ReSI-NoC aims to strengthen agricultural innovation systems to improve their role in the processes of inclusive planning, collaborative management and the co-design and implementation of technical, organisational and social innovations.
Key Responsibilities :
- Coordinate the implementation of project activities in project sites.
- Provide technical inputs in field activities and training, with a focus on (i) facilitating the co-design and experimentation of innovations with relevant stakeholders, and (ii) strengthening capacities of communities and other stakeholders to innovate.
- Contribute to the dissemination of project achievements through publications of scientific papers, technical reports, training and extension material, success stories, and other oral and written communications.
- Organise project meetings, workshops, field trips, trainings and other project activities in the North Region of Cameroon.
- Plan and monitor project activities, in collaboration with the project team and partners.
- Supervise data collection, M&E and reporting of project activities, in consultation with project team and partners.
- Prepare work plans and technical reports.
- Supervise Garoua-based project staff (admin/finance assistant, driver, junior scientist)
- Oversee compliance with ICRAF policies and procedures, in particular related to asset management, procurement, Human Resources, vehicle movement, administration and finance.
- Prepare and maintain project budgets and report to ICRAF-Cameroon office in Yaounde
- Represent the ReSI-NoC project in technical & scientific meetings in the North of Cameroon.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Postgraduate degree in one of the following disciplines: rural development or social sciences, agricultural economy, natural resources management, human geography
- At least 5 years’ experience in research-for-development and project management, preferably in an international organisation
- Good knowledge of oral and written French and English.
- Familiarity with participatory research methods like innovation platforms, farmer field schools, co-design of technologies.
- Practical experience with designing and implementing training programmes for farmers, extension agents and local NGOs.
- Experience with project design, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Basic knowledge of accounting, budget preparation, financial monitoring and reporting.
- Excellent team and organisational management experience, high degree of independence.
- Good oral and written communication skills and a track record of scientific publications.
- Ability to work under high pressure, meet deadlines, monitor and follow-up on pending matters under minimum supervision.
- Willing to travel and work in rural and remote areas.
- Having lived or worked in the North region of Cameroon, as well as familiarity with fulfulde language will be an asset
Duty station : Garoua, Cameroon
Terms of offer
The World Agroforestry Centre is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment. We believe that staff diversity promotes excellence and strongly encourage applications from qualified women. This position is on national terms and will be for an initial period of two (2) years, subject to a probation period according to the local labour law. The contract could be renewed subject to performance, continued relevance of the position and availability of funds.
How to apply
Go to http://worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf/vacancies
Applications for this position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectations,
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae,
- The names and addresses of three referees, including telephone and email addresses.
Applications will be considered until 25 November 2020
Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.