CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Doctors Without Borders, for its activities in Buea is looking for:
WATER, HYGIENE AND SANITATION SUPERVISOR (WATSAN SUPERVISOR) (ref: WATSAN201114)
Doctors Without Borders (DWB) is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for WATSAN Supervisor
Working locations: BUEA, frequent viaits to Kumba and Mamfe
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid – Level 6
Supporting the Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (Watsan) Mission in the implementation and supervision of Watsan activities, including tools and materials employed according to DWB standards and protocols, in order to improve health and living conditions of the target population
- Ensuring the day-to-day implementation and administration of assigned Watsan activities at the mission level, including but not limited to, water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, vector control, and dead bodies management, and Watsan activities related to DMC strategy
- Ensuring that the DWB Watsan procedures and protocols are followed by the DWB Watsan teams to guarantee the operational quality of the project;
- Ensuring the maintenance and repair of technical equipment in the project to guarantee an adequate running of Watsan activities;
- Ensuring the distribution of the materials and tools used in water treatment, hygiene and sanitation (e.g. physical organization and inventory of stocks, receiving and processing orders for water, sanitation and hygiene material, check that the amounts received are recorded, and check monthly consumptions, etc.);
- Supporting the logco Assistant or log Manager in ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (physical verification of stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training). Ensuring appropriate assistance to the project response team and if required, participating in emergency activities or exploratory visits
- Supporting the Watsan Manager in the team planning (e.g. staff rosters and admin, HR processes, etc.) and informing and involving the Watsan Manager in case of any major management or technical issue, and providing all required reporting
- Participating in data collection and reporting as required
- He/she will spend most of the time in the projects, and will be part of the Emergency Response pool, in case of emergencies
- In collaboration with the projects’ teams, update the WATSAN evaluations and action plans for all the supported facilities, according to the objectives defined in the Annual Plan.
- Support the projects’ teams in the preparation of the WATSAN part of the Letters Of Agreement to be signed with the supported facilities.
- Support the projects’ teams in the supply process for all required WATSAN equipment and material (technical clarifications with supply department, ordering, order follow up, reception, storing).
- Support the projects’ teams in the execution and follow up of the WATSAN action plans.
- In collaboration with the projects’ teams, plan and execute training of DWB staff and staff working in supported facilities.
- Any other task required by his/her line manager and linked to these responsabilities
- Essential technical diploma, desirable specialization in water and sanitation
- Previous experience in technical works and organising of multiple activities, preferably within DWB or similar work environment Desirable experience in Doctors Without Borders or other NGOs
- Essential English and local language (Pidgin)
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Team work and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to DWB Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: email@example.com mentioning on the subject: WATSAN201114 or else be submitted at DWB Office, Westminster suit, Sandpit, Buea, or DWB Office Mile 1 Opposite Government School (Mamfe) or DWB Office Buea-Road Beside Winners Chapel (Kumba) in a sealed envelope Ref: WATSAN201114 addressed to Doctors Without Borders - HR Department.
Deadline for the reception of applications: 21st November 2020
NB: No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application documents are non-returnable; please do not submit original documents. Writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications