Seeking Hard-Working, Dedicated Problem-Solvers
Project Manager in Cameroon
Innovation: Africa (iA) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose team of dedicated problem solvers work together to bring solar and water technologies to rural communities in Africa. We use solar energy to pump clean water and provide schools, orphanages, and medical clinics with light and refrigeration to store vaccines and medicines. iA has completed over 300 solar, water, and agricultural projects, providing light, clean water, food and proper medical care to more than 2 million people in Ethiopia, Tanzania, Malawi, South Africa, Zambia, eSwatini, Uganda, Cameroon, Senegal and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
We are seeking a highly trained and qualified professional to join our Cameroon team as a Program Manager based in Garoua. The Program Manager is the leader of the Program Team and is responsible for Innovation: Africa’s field project activities. The Project Manager works under the supervision of the Country Director in Israel and will manage all local personnel in Cameroon and ensure that all project goals and deadlines are achieved in compliance with Innovation: Africa’s standards. The Program Manager is required to schedule, coordinate, and implement the weekly work plans and will regularly report progress and provide weekly activity reports.
Additionally, the Program Manager oversees all project and field activities. This includes identifying and selecting our project beneficiaries, actively facilitating community mobilization and sensitization, establishing and maintaining regular communication with the communities we serve, implementing project-related activities and providing regular reports and ongoing monitoring of the projects. This position requires frequent travel to the field to identify new projects, as well as manage all stages of iA’s solar and water projects.
- Country Director in Israel
- Oversee all project activities and be the main contact point for the international team and the field staff
- Ensure project activities comply with the policies and regulations of Innovation: Africa
- Responsible for overseeing the development and execution of project deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans and monitoring processes
- Responsible for submitting activity reports and financial reports on regular basis to the Country Director
- Organize community meetings with the targeted communities, conduct community trainings and sensitization
- Lead and motivate the project team and monitor project activities and project expenditure and coordinate work with contractors in the project
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results
- Employs resourcefulness in project design, implementation and monitoring. Trouble shoots project problems. Identifies and implements creative solutions.
- Beneficiary selection processes
- Track the progress of ongoing field activities, including conducting community mobilization and oversee technical implementation of iA’s projects in Cameroon
- Perform monitoring and evaluation of existing projects, work with communities to ensure project’s sustainability
- Managing the local office
- Manage and fully participate in visits from the international team, donors and guests
- Develop and maintain relationships with local government and local partner NGO’s
- The ideal candidate is a passionate and effective team leader, with a minimum of 10 years of managerial experience, preferably working with international teams.
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills and a proven commitment to serve vulnerable communities.
- Professional experience working in the field of community development and exhibit detail orientation and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to inspire teams and lead by example.
- Experience managing the successful construction and installation of solar water pumping systems will be an advantage.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Degree in a related engineering field – advantage
- Extensive experience working with solar and water systems
- Technologically oriented with excellent computer skills, including proficiency in email and Microsoft Office software
- Relocation to the Garoua District
- Driver’s license
- Ability to commit to flexible working hours, including weekends
- Ability to communicate in the local language
- Fluent written and spoken English and French
As an international organization, our team works in New York, Israel, and Africa, and is constantly on the move. To maintain close contact despite our travel schedules, we regularly use technology solutions, such as WhatsApp and Skype. The ideal candidate thrives in this type of fast-paced environment and is comfortable working with colleagues in different time zones and continents.
- Please send your cover letter and CV as a single PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The file name should be saved as your full name.
- Please include the position and country for which you are applying to work in the subject line of the email “Project Manager in Cameroon”
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
iA is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.