This job was posted there more than 40 days ...
Green Harvest Farms is a small business growing high quality crops, produce, and livestock, located in the savanna of Nanga-Eboko in central Cameroon. We are craftsmen and cultivators of the land, creating a place we call home, and sharing our journey with others.
Do you have what it takes to run an aquaculture farm? We are looking for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial Farm Technician to help us develop and run our aqua-farm system.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with an affinity for aquaculture, a willingness to learn and study. A person who sets and achieves goals that maximize yields and propel the company forward. The Fish Farm Technician is responsible for all operations including managing fish operations and supervising staff.
- Be involved in the day-to-day operations, managing, sourcing, and accommodating both in-house teams and outside vendors
- Manage production quality, safety, output yield, workflow, processing, packaging, storage, etc.
- Monitor the operating costs and maintain budget and vendor invoicing
- Manage fish health, including feeding of the fish, syphoning vats, scoping sick fish for diseases or parasites, then treating the fish accordingly
- Preparing fish sales by separating and grading them, coordinate harvest and distribution to fit the needs of our retail and wholesale customers
- Oversee farm maintenance and repair of equipment as required
- Schedule and supervise activities of farm staff and volunteers
- Maintain a safe, clean, and positive work environment
- Excellent entrepreneur skills to utilize different fishery resources
- Excellent knowledge of scientific concepts and techniques of fish cultivation
- Good knowledge of diversity in fishes and ability to recognize illness
- Experience managing day-to-day finances for an agricultural company
- Ability to work for long hours, including evenings & weekends
- Carry out quarterly inventory and ensure traceability of assets and goods
- Carry out all other administrative duties as need
Reporting: The Fish Farm Technician reports directly to the General Manager on issues related to farming operations, development progress and daily team and planning related subjects
Position Type: Full-time salaried. With evening and weekend involvement expected as needed
To Apply: Click on this link to apply Fish Farm Technician
Thank you to all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Green Harvest Farms is an equal-opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationality, disability status, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.