Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
JOB ADVERT: Associate Investment Officer
Job #: req4342
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Required Language(s): English, French
Closing Date: 11/3/2019 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. Visit www.ifc.org
The Financial Institutions Group (FIG), one of IFC’s industry departments, supports projects in numerous financial sub sectors, partners with local financial institutions, develops domestic and regional equity and debt markets and introduces new financing instruments. The goal is to develop efficient financial systems that will increase financial inclusion and fuel economic growth in client countries and enhance IFC’s developmental impact.
FIG is recruiting an Associate Investment Officer to join the investment team, which originates, manages and monitors IFC’s financial sector investments across Africa. The Associate Investment Officer will be based in Douala, Cameroon and will report to the FIG Regional Industry Manager covering West and Central Africa (WCA).
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Provide key support in identification, appraisal, structuring and negotiation of financial sector investments;
- Identify and analyze fundamental competitive strengths and weaknesses of projects or portfolio companies and identify non-financial issues, opportunities and risk/reward factors (e.g. business environment, country, and sponsor);
- Handle disbursements, waivers and complex client interactions such as restructurings; monitor and value equity investments and recommends/executes the sale of holdings;
- Monitor existing investments in portfolio companies, comprising various types of financial entities;
- Review and analyze the financial and operating performance of clients; prepare quarterly risk ratings, annual supervision and other management reports as well as country strategy papers, briefs and project profiles;
- Handle client relationships and provide insight into sector developments in client countries to anticipate new investment opportunities and/or performance issues;
- Apply knowledge of project/portfolio lifecycle to identify and meet critical path milestones, and to implement tasks (including production of documents) in a timely and high-quality fashion for the processing or supervision of projects;
- Actively keep abreast of regional and industry developments and incorporates trends into the processing or supervision of projects.
- Master’s degree and 4-5 years of relevant experience in the financial sector, preferably in an investment related function and/or the private equity industry;
- Good understanding of financial and operational characteristics of financial institutions;
- Clear experience and expertise in identifying, evaluating, structuring and negotiating debt and equity transactions; experience in portfolio management;
- Sound business judgment and strong problem solving/negotiation skills, as well as ability to work effectively on simultaneous projects under time pressure;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and French;
- A keen interest in development finance and working in a multicultural environment.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply".