JOB ADVERT: Program Assistant - IFC Douala
Job #: req3225
Sector: Administration/Office Support
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Douala, Cameroon
Required Language(s): English, French
Closing Date: 6/21/2019 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In fiscal year 2018, we delivered more than $23 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
The IFC’s Douala Country Office oversees and coordinates IFC’s activities for the Central Africa Sub-region which includes Cameroon, Central Republic of Africa, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Republic of Congo and Sao Tome & Principe. The Country Office is seeking to recruit a highly motivated Program Assistant to provide effective and efficient administrative support to the Regional Country Manager and operational staff. This role will contribute to the effective operation and administrative coordination of the office.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Key roles and responsibilities include the following:
- Provides quality control of internal and external documents; reviews documents for accuracy and adherence with IFC and World Bank guidelines and procedures;
- Assists staff for the drafting, editing, formatting, and production of documents and correspondence.
- Coordinates schedules taking priority into account, monitors changes, and communicates the information to staff inside and outside the immediate work unit, including officials outside the bank;
- Solves non-routine problems (e.g. responds to requests requiring research to address query at hand, etc);
- Assists in preparation of conferences, seminars, workshops, analyze budgetary scope, build a database of participants and draft event reports, etc.;
- Maintains current distribution lists, phone/addresses list of project/product contacts, and distributes documents for relevant task teams to the main data;
- Maintains up-to-date work unit project and other files (both paper and electronic);
- Corresponds with vendors to solicit price quotes for supplies and make hotel reservations in accordance with World Bank Group policy;
- Manages logistics requests for the visiting missions of the units;
- Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output Fully involves others in the work of the team;
- Handles bookings for business travels; obtains tickets from the travel agency, requests visas for staff;
- Provide primary assistance to the Finance officer including specialized support accounting and SAP related operations;
- Assist with any other administrative matters in the Central Africa sub-region or corporate initiatives;
- Back-up other ACS in the office and in the region when needed.
- Minimum of bachelors’ degree and/ college diploma with a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in similar role, preferably in a large international organization;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills. Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, schedule, plan and coordinate work and other activities internally and externally;
- Strong attention to detail and to maintaining high quality standards;
- Proven ability to create and work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment, to perform effectively in a constantly changing environment with competing activities and demands, and to effectively serve as a team member;
- Demonstrated ability to organize and implement projects and tasks, set priorities, coordinate and monitor assignments to maximize efficiency and quality;
- Effective analytical, research and problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and make judgments and decisions with minimal supervision;
- Strong communication skills in English and French (verbal and written), including ability to draft, proofread and edit correspondence;
- Demonstrated ability to respond and deal effectively with diverse situations which require good judgment, tact, diplomacy and confidentiality;
- Good computer skills; proficiency with various software technologies such as MS Office, Outlook, One Drive and other standard office productivity software. Ability to learn quickly new software applications.
The World Bank Group values diversity and encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of World Bank Group member countries to apply, regardless of gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. Sub-Saharan African nationals, Caribbean nationals, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply".