Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Job Title: Senior Finance Manager
Job openings: 01
Reports to: Director of Operations
Contract Duration: open-ended
Terms of Offer: This position is remunerated on local terms.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org .
EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health NACC and the Regional and District Health Teams to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and health systems strengthening services. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Purpose of the Job
The Senior Finance and Accounting Manager will manage a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, the Foundation’s policies and donor requirements. provide financial decision-making information by gathering and analyzing financial information and developing projections. He/she will develop capacity for the Finance Unit staff including sub recipients finance staff to ensure proper reporting and management of grants received from EGPAF. He/she will manage the accounts payable function, payroll function, monthly closing of accounts and preparation of reports in support of the financial statements.
The Senior Finance and Accounting Manager will report to and work closely with the Associate Director of Operations and others in the organization including D.C based global finance and accounting teams in analysis and reconciliation of accounts and in development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures and controls.
He/she will be responsible for day-to-day accounting functions, review financial documents for accuracy, maintain records and prepare transfer requests, monitor project expenses, and ensure that that financial functions of the Foundation in Cameroon are carried out within the framework of EGPAF and donor policies and procedures
The ideal candidate possesses leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Review of all financial documents to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with applicable policies before disbursement of funds;
- Ensure all vouchers are properly prepared, completely and accurately documented;
- Cash flow management to ensure availability of funds for program implementation;
- Responsible for payroll and timely paying of statutory deductions as required by the Government;
- Assists with overseeing the processing of monthly cash requests for Sub Grantees and the resolution of issues arising from these reports;
- Working with banks to ensure proper signatories are in place and that all payments processed through the bank are done so in a timely manner;
- Oversee QuickBooks and ensures all information is input accurately daily;
- Responsible for overseeing month end close processes and reporting;
- Prepare detailed budgets for new business proposals, annual workplans, donor requests, continuing applications and periodic budgets for special projects on basis of need;
- Coordinate and manage the monitoring and approval of budgets versus expenses and ensure accurate accounting, authorization and internal control procedures, investigate and address material variances;
- Provide financial management advice on revisions of budgets, periodical forecasts and any other changes arising out of real time budget scrutiny;
- Provide relevant financial information and guidance for decision making to Program Officers (Budget Holders) and Senior Management Team (Financial Advisory Role);
- Manage and review the monthly close of the accounts and supply sufficient justification for variances;
- Ensure all sub-offices submit complete, accurate and timely month end closing reports
- Ensure Country office meets HQ reporting deadlines;
- Follow up and documentation all identified monthly compliance issues from HQ and between Country Office & Sub-Recipients;
- Ensure quarterly visits to sub-recipients for compliance and support supervision;
- Provide Program Officers and Senior Management with regular financial analysis on numerous relevant financial issues in user friendly formats;
- Liaise with HQ to coordinate Quarterly Financial Reviews;
Cash & Treasury Management
- Manage and oversee the cash management process to ensure its safeguarding and proper distribution;
- Monitor cash flows and conduct random cash counts at least once every month;
- Maintain contact with EGPAF bankers and monitor all bank transactions to ensure that adequate balances are maintained;
- Ensure the integrity of partners’ financial systems in line with EGPAF’s and donor standards
- Provide support and training to partners finance staff to build financial and accounting capacity to ensure adequate support for the program component
- Monitor partners’ spending patterns as part of the overall project budget to actual analytics
- Review and sign off on partner monthly cash requests
- Conduct partner technical supportive supervision on request basis from Grants & Compliance teams
Staff Management & Supervision
- Ensure, delegating as appropriate, that each offices’ finance function is adequately staffed, managed and resourced;
- Ensure development, update and adherence to finance and accounting policies and procedures at all office levels;
- Assist in recruitment of finance staff and building of department’s staff capacity;
- Conduct performance appraisals for finance staff and always ensure relevant and up to date job descriptions;
- Promote learning and development amongst finance staff through on-job trainings, mutually agreed upon professional development courses/tuition and coaching and generally motivate staff to improve performance;
- Lead finance team by example in terms of work ethic, skills and knowledge development and integrity;
- Manage financial assets of EGPAF office ensuring compliance with EGPAF financial procedures and internal controls processes;
- Attend relevant inter-agency, donor coordination and other meetings and present on finance issues, where required;
- Liaise with EGPAF HQ as needed to enhance efficiency, effectiveness and compliance;
- Updates and disseminates knowledge by studying existing and new regulations, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks;
- Ensure continuous innovations, adoption of best practices and regular reviews of finance and accounting operations for optimal efficiency;
- Recommend any additional finance procedures/guidelines to the Associate Director of Operations for approval and adoption;
- Analyze risk areas in financial operations and recommend mitigating factors;
Required Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- A Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or other related field of study
- A qualified professional certificate like ACCA, CIMA
- Minimum 8 years of experience directly supporting/managing Finance in an INGO or corporate environment.
- Solid knowledge of accounting and financial reporting
- Experience in using QuickBooks accounting system
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems; particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of the Cameroon fiscal environment
- Working knowledge and understanding of US Government funded project, rules and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and French
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize and multi-task while working as part of a team
- Possess strong accuracy, attention to detail and ability to follow through
- Computer literate, with strong knowledge of, and experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Honest, energetic, independent, self-motivated and administratively self-sufficient
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and sound judgment.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link.
Applications will be considered on or before 31st December 2018.
Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.